Remedies for Sinus Pain

I get sinus pain all up the front of my face. I also get bad headaches and a very bad upset tummy. Is there anything I can do or take to make this all better? Thanks for any answers.

By Carmen from Houston, TX

You should consult a doctor for all those symptoms.

What's something fast till I see dictor

While I agree you should see a doctor to rule out a sinus infection, I get the same symptoms even when nothing is found wrong. I use a hot compress and lie down for awhile and that usually helps although there are times a cold compress works better. I also use a warm (not hot) saline rinse in my nose to clear up congestion and rinse out pollutants which are often the cause of the irritation which causes the pain and the warm solution seems to reduce inflammation.

The upset stomach combined with a severe headache could possibly indicate a migraine headache. When I get a migraine, the pain is very bad, I am sensitive to light and sound, and I get very nauseated. I don't see an aura or any other visual disturbance - a lot of people don't. Your doctor can help you figure out what is wrong. Good luck.

Consult a doctor especially if you have yellow mucous (sign of infection). Also try to use sinus kettle (any store sells them) using a warm water and some saline to rinse your sinus passage.

I agree that it is always important to check with your doctor to make sure your symptoms aren't something serious. That said, I've suffered from sinus problems and migraines, and there are some things you can do for self-help. You are more likely to have sinus issues if you have allergies, so you might try an OTC allergy med to see if that helps. If it is just sinus (not migraine), a neti pot can help, you don't need to use the saline they sell. I make my own with 1 cup warm filtered water (no chlorine, irritates sinuses) and 1/2 tsp. un-iodized salt (iodine irritates sinuses, too). Just follow the directions for use.

There is a spray called "Sinus Buster" that is supposed to help both with sinus issues and headaches--it is made from saline and cayenne. I have used this and have actually made my own using the same formula for saline, above, and a pinch of cayenne. I strain it through a coffee filter (the cayenne can clog) and use an old Dristan bottle to insert the formula. You can control how strong it is, it will make your eyes water, but it works!

Also, an acupuncturist gave me a simple formula for sinus infection that has worked so well for me, I've never needed antibiotics since: chop up three or four green onions (scallions), roots, greens, and all, add two tablespoons dried soybeans (not roasted, this can be found at your health food store) and two cups of water. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a slow boil. Steam over it for about 20 minutes (until there is only a cup left), then drink the rest. Do this twice daily. Works great, my friends have had good luck with it, as well.

It could be a migraine, too. A friend of mine has migraines in which the blood vessel that is inflamed (what basically causes migraine) is in her sinus area, causing symptoms of both issues. The cayenne mix, above, can help. Another thing that helps migraines is a combination of caffeine (constricts the blood vessel) and aspirin. Excedrin migraine is basically just that. You can do the same at home by having black coffee and taking aspirin at the same time.

Good luck to you!

Go to your local drug store and purchase a neti pot or, my favorite, the SinusRinse system (go to <www.sinusrinse.com> where you can mail order) and use as instructed. This system used twice daily has made my battle with sinus pain and sinusitis much, much better. If you're nervous about squirting the salt solution up your nose, that's normal. When squirted up one nostril, it hits the top of your nasal cavity and drains out your other nostril. It's actually very refreshing and feels extremely good.

Ditto with checking with your doctor and then get yourself a neti pot and use the pots suggested sinus rinse solution once or twice a day during your susceptible times. I have really bad sinus problems off and on and the neti pot greatly and gently cleans everything out giving wonderful relief! My sinus' sometimes get so bad that the drainage makes me sick enough to throw up a bunch of drainage so I sympathize with your situation.

Allergies my left cheek hurts bad have green mucus . What remedy do u have

Girl with sinus pain.
Home Remedies for Sinus Problems
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJuly 19, 2011
little girl frowning and holding her ear
Home Remedies for Earache Pain
Shingles
Remedies for Shingles Pain
Home Remedies for Arthritis Pain
Home Remedies for Arthritis Pain
Using acupressure on a foot.
Using Acupressure for Foot Pain
🎄