Loaded Tossed Salad
Besides loving all of the ingredients in this salad, I like it because you can put it together a day ahead, and it will remain fresh and crispy as long as you don't add the dressing until just before serving. This salad serves six to eight so adjust accordingly.
- 3/4 head romaine lettuce, cut or torn into bite size pieces
- 1/4 head radicchio, cut or torn into bite size pieces
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup whole cherry tomatoes
- 6 small fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1/3 (5 oz.) jar green olives, drained well
- 2 pepperoncini, sliced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 Tbsp. sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1/2 (8 oz.) package tomato and basil feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/8 cup Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- salt and pepper, if desired
- extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- red wine vinegar, to taste
Toss all ingredients, except the vinegar and oil, in a large salad bowl. Toss to coat to taste with the oil and vinegar just before serving.
By Deeli from Richland, WA
May 16, 20110 found this helpful
Dont add the salt untill just before serving as it will draw the juice ou tof the vegetables and cause the salad to be soggy.
May 17, 20110 found this helpful
Thanks for your feedback msweed and that is something to keep in mind for some salad mixtures but you would have to be adding so much salt to this salad's overall ingredients that you wouldn't even be able to eat it because of the saltiness. The only way this mixture of ingredients would become soggy overnight is if you didn't dry your lettuce. Or perhaps I've simply been lucky the handful of times I've made this salad the night before? ;-)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 23, 2016 at 4:54:37 AM on 10.0.1.230 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us