Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Smoke Stain on Enamel Stovetop

I have a new stove. There is a smoke stain on the enamel stove top. I have tried Easy Off, Simple Green, and some off brand cleaners, nothing helped. The smoke stain happened while the self cleaning oven cycle was running.

By E from St. Louis

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By carolcampbell.nz11/15/2013

Toothpaste does the trick. Put toothpaste on stain leave for a few minutes and wipe off. Repeat if necessary.

By linda roberts [5]01/30/2011

This should not happen with your self cleaning cycle. I would contact the man and see what they can do for you.

By Cajun [55]12/30/2010

Call your local Sherman-Williams Paint store and ask for a product called Whiting. [1# tub; about $4-$5] Slightly dampen a soft cloth with sudsy water [wring out 99% of the water], wipe the stain lightly, sprinkle the Whiting onto it [as though you were sprinkling Parmesan Cheese on Spaghetti], 'Polish' the stain away. it will not scratch the enamel. Jusr make sure your cloth is not abrasive!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Smoke Stain on Enamel Stovetop

***

Smoke Stain on Enamel Stovetop
*** I have a brownish stain coming from the exhaust hole of my oven. I believe it is smoke. It is on white enamel. It is on the top of my stove and very noticeable. I have tried everything imaginable to remove it: Vim, Magic Eraser, baking soda, vinegar, etc., but it won't come off.

By S Collins from New Brunswick Canada

RE: Smoke Stain on Enamel Stovetop

Spray Nine! Use gloves though. (12/15/2009)

By mandihere

RE: Smoke Stain on Enamel Stovetop

I have used the eraser cleaning pads to remove stains from mine. (12/16/2009)

By hvnlyhills

RE: Smoke Stain on Enamel Stovetop

Try buying a can of Bon-ami it will not scratch your surface, works great on appliances and mirrors. I have been using it for years. (07/07/2010)

By marlene33