Making Can Koozies (Coolers)

Does anyone know a simple way to make koozies (can holders)? Either by sewing or crochet?

Jen from Hastings,MI

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I made a crochet pattern to fit a can, bottle or glass. You start with 4 sc; then sl in the first sc to make a circle. Then do 6 sc in the circle. Add 6 sc to every row until you get it to 30 sc. This should be big enough for the base. Then, do 30 sc in each row, with a sl between each row until you get it the height you want it.

P.S.: To increase in each row, you do 2 sc in each sc around to have 12 sc; then 1 sc in 1st sc, 2 sc in 2nd sc, 1 sc in 3rd sc. 2 sc in 4th sc, etc. until you have 18; then 1 sc in 1st sc, 1 sc in 2nd sc, 2 sc in 3rd sc, 1 sc in 4th sc, 1 sc in 5th sc, 2 sc in 6th sc, etc. until you have 24; then 1 sc in 1st sc, 1 sc in 2nd sc, 1 sc in 3rd sc, 2 sc in 4th sc, 1 sc in 5th sc. 1 sc in 6th sc, 1 sc in 7th sc, 2 sc in 8th sc, etc., until you have 30. I hope this answers your question. God bless you and Merry Christmas!

Does anyone know what the name of the fabric is to make koozies or where I can get it? I've seen the sparkling koozies I'd like to get that fabric.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

December 13, 2007 Flag

I have seen can koozies at craft shows and i am wondering if anyone has the plans on how to make them. I kind of have the general idea but I need the dimensions for them. If anyone can help that would be great. Thanks

Answers:

Making Can Koozies (Coolers)

I put my water bottles in a sock and it keeps it cool all day long.

(09/14/2005)

By Ziggee

Making Can Koozies (Coolers)

Hi Ziggee...My neighbor and I made some water bottle covers which are basically the same idea. She bought one of the covers at a craft/gift store in a distant town and I drew the pattern off that one. It wasn't difficult...I just measured it. You might run across someone at one of the craft sales who would be willing to share their pattern with you or offer suggestions, but if I were you I would buy one of theirs to go by OR ask them if they would sell you their pattern. If you want to make several for gifts or to sell it's worth the money to get the pattern. If you only want one or two, then it's much less expensive to buy one that someone else has made. You might think you could make one cheap, but you can't. Fabric is expensive...you would need at least 1/4 of a yard just to make one. Plus trim or whatever. Good luck! (09/14/2005)

By mousie

Crafts MiscellaneousDecember 13, 2007
blue cooler
Removing Smells from Coolers
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
Styrofoam Cooler
Uses for Styrofoam Coolers
Sloppy joes for a large group.
Making Sloppy Joes for a Large Group
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 13, 2016 at 4:13:58 PM on 10.0.0.102 in 777 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.