Work On Homework With Your Kids

I sat with each of my kids and, after reading homework assignments, we did the homework together. It was quality, fun time (mostly) with each child individually, and the homework got completed. This also kept me up-to-date on what they were being taught.

By Beverley from Oak Hills, CA

And I'll venture to bet that you learn new things, too ;-)

I always wished my parents would sit and do homework with me but, alas, they never did :-( I am saying that to tell you Bless You for taking the time!

Thank you for sharing this. When I taught grade 2's, I hoped that all parents would do this. Usually if a little kid has homework, it is an indication that he/she needs some tutoring. Also, if you work with your children when they are in the primary grades, you will keep abreast of what they are doing, and be able to help them with their studies in the middle years and high school. I do not know how many parents (ones who had graduated from high school) I had who told me that they couldn't possibly help their kid with grade 7 math!! It was too hard! If they had helped all along, chances are their child wouldn't have needed help, and if they still did, they parents would be able to help!

Good tip. It's another way we can spend time with our kids and keep in touch with their lives. Too quickly, they're grown and living on their own, with no time for parents.

I don't have the url, but I have an article on this site titled "Share Your Children's Interests." I humbly recommend it, though I know it's too late to vote for me in the tip contest.

Editor's Note: Here is that link:

child doing homework
Getting Your Children to Do Homework
Parenting SchoolOctober 9, 2009
A girl doing her homework at college.
Tips for Doing College Homework
Electric Blanket
Finding Replacement Cords and Controls for an Electric Blanket
Setting Up a Carpool to Work, Man Getting in Work Car Pool
Setting Up a Carpool to Work
Woman Working Call Center
Finding Part-time Work