Mildew on a Baby Car Seat

Does anyone know how long it would take for mildew to consume every piece of fabric material on an infant car seat when left outside during the winter?

By Maranda from NC

This is a puzzle. Do you actually want this seat to rot? If so, there must be quicker ways. What am I missing?

Marg from England.

There is no way to answer this question. What type of fabric? What is the temperature? How much moisture or rain?

March 9, 2010 Flag

I have a baby car seat that has mildew on it, how can I remove it?

Please help me.

Mzlibby from American Canyon, CA

Answers:

Mildew on a Baby Car Seat

I had a similar problem when my son was little. Try washing it with warm soapy water then setting it in the sun until it's completely dry. If you have to use a hair dryer to finish drying it. I wouldn't use strong, harsh chemicals that can linger, it's not good for children. If it doesn't work the first time keep trying the sun usually kills mold fast. Hope this helps. (03/30/2006)

By Chas

Mildew on a Baby Car Seat

Wash and rinse with white vinegar added to the water. (03/30/2006)

By Brenda

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
aby Car Seat
Cleaning Baby Car Seats
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceMarch 9, 2010
Childs Car Seat
Decorating a Child's Car Seat
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent
Infant car seat.
Car Seat Safety
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 25, 2017 at 2:16:43 AM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.