Tips For Feeding Cats Soft Food

For those of us who have cats, you know how cat food sticks to their feeding dish and is hard to scrub away. My tip is to cut the top off an empty laundry jug but leave the jug handle.

Once done, use the jug to soak the small cat food dishes. I suggest you use more than one small cat food dish so that when one dish is on the floor feeding fussy-the- feline, the other dish is soaking in the jug. Do not over feed your cat. One or two spoonfuls of canned food at a feeding is enough. Store the rest in a plastic container in the fridge. Your cat will ask for more food later in the day. You will actually save money on cat food!

Why? Because when given too much food, the little fur balls tend to eat only a certain amount,then they leave the rest to dry up in the dish. At least with the jug method of cleaning, you won't have to waste time scrubbing dried cat food out of cat food dishes.

By Joseph from Laval Quebec, Canada

What a fabulous little tip. I have a container that used to hold his litter in. I washed it out thinking I would use it for another purpose (One stores his dry food in).

Thank you for this tip ~ I will do this myself.

PS: As I speak one dish is soaking in the sink right now!

Best wishes, Monique (=^..^=)

Great Idea! I always feel bad "wasting" those sturdy plastic laundry containers. Now with this idea, I can put the dirty little dishes to soak in the sink right away, avoid any odor and spill and still keep the little darlings clean and happy! Thanks so much for the help!

Penny, Ipswich, MA

I know many people who don't like to soak pet food dishes in the sink so this is a really good idea for soaking the dishes! :-) I do have to mention, though, that unless you also feed your cat dry food (or they go outside and hunt), or that you're feeding canned often during the day, 2 or 4 little spoonfuls is not enough nutrition. Depending on the size of the cat and how physical they are need 4 to 6 ounces a day.

This is a great tip! I'm forwarding it right now to my mom, so she'll quit leaving hers to sit on the counter until she soaks them in the sink-this is much easier & cleaner!

soft cat food
Feeding a Cat Soft Food
Pets CatsJune 4, 2008
Baby Bottle Feeding
Bottle Feeding Your Baby
Stray cat in a doorway.
Feeding Stray Cats
Teens Eating Pizza
Saving Money on Feeding Teens
Soft Boiled Egg
Making a Soft Boiled Egg