Repairing a Crocheted Blanket

I am trying to repair a crochet blanket for my 3 year old grand niece. The stitch is a two double crochet, space, one double crochet into the next stitch.

The rip is in the middle of the blanket and I can't tell which way the pattern goes. Can someone help me please. Thanks.

By Sugarsmama from Warsaw, OH

Can you take a close-up digital photo of the rip and post it?

I don't know how to repair crochet so that it looks like it never happened. I often buy old afghans at yard sales, etc, even if they have snags and unravelled areas. I just pull the end of yarn to the back side, and tie it off to another part of the yarn, so that it won't undo anymore.