Give The Same Card Year After Year

My mom saved for years on giving cards to Dad and we all got a good laugh 50 years later!

For 50 years my mom gave my dad the same Valentine's, Father's Day, and Christmas cards. She just never moistened the envelope and put the cards in their envelopes away in her special drawer after the season was over for re-use the next year.

As the cards began to age, so did he. If he ever realized he never let on.

We remember this fondly and with a laugh -- he would have been proud!

By Carolyn from Mitchellville, MD

That is so sweet. What a thoughtful, loving mom she sounds like.

I'm sure he knew and appreciated the sentiment.

My husband and I have been giving the same card back-and-forth for years. He gives it to me and then for the next holiday/birthday/etc. I give it back to him.

I have a different take on giving the same card year after year. My friend and I have been doing that for 45 years--since I bought it in 1962 and first sent it to her! The card reading said something about being thrifty and sending it back and forth for many years to come and that just what we've been doing. It's great to look over the signatures to see the family additions, changes and milestones over the years. My greatest fear is that when I get it back from her on my birthday, I'll misplace it and won't know where it is for her birthday. You know how forgetful old people are! LOL

I wonder if your dad caught on to the "card game" your mom played with him! Your story gave me a chuckle!

My mom did the same thing with a Father's Day card. Dad said it took 5 years before he realized it was the same card. They are both dead now and I have the card. We also chuckled about this because Mom was straight out of Scotland.

Better Living Frugal Living TipsNovember 7, 2007
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Consistently Sized Cookies
Making Consistently Sized Cookies
A couple renting a car.
Renting a Car Without a Credit Card
A trunk for putting congratulations card into at a wedding.
Making a Card Box for Your Wedding
🎉
🎄