Crafts, Recipes, Tips,
& Guides
Enter Contests
Share & Vote
Get Advice
Submit a

Hole Punch for Vertical Blind Slats

0 0EmailPrintFollow

I am looking for an oblong hole punch for a vertical blind slat.

Bob from Agoura, CA



Recent Answers

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Eric (Guest Post)01/07/2009

If you are building a lot of blinds, I bought a pneumatic slat punch from B&B manufacturer in Wisconsin. It was $1500. I can punch slats for fabric inserts or standard at a rate of 200 per hour.

By Leo7451 (Guest Post)10/11/2008

Ebay vender magnumtools sells a MALCO TNHP Trim nail punch for vinyl and aluminum siding that makes a 1/8 X 1/4 hole (slot is 5/16 w X 1/8). I plan to get one myself for blinds, and siding trim. about $ 37 inc ship.

By Beth [25]08/20/2008

Craft stores often have hole punches in various shapes.

By Cyinda [214]08/15/2008

You might need to use a leather punch. These come in many shapes & sizes. Just Google "Tandy".


Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Hole Punch for Vertical Blind Slats

I am looking for the tool that punches the oblong shaped hole at the top of vertical Levelor blind slats. Can you help?

Anzamink from Anza, CA

RE: Hole Punch for Vertical Blind Slats

Buy a heavy-duty paper punch. I bought a cheap $4.59 paper punch at OfficeMax today and it worked great (for one slat). I'm taking it back tomorrow (it's totally deformed) and looking for something a little more durable. I'll let you know if I find one that lasts for more than one squeeze. (08/18/2006)

By Punchdrunk

RE: Hole Punch for Vertical Blind Slats They offer a solution that uses adhesive tabs. 5 tabs for $6. A lot cheaper than a heavy duty hole punch. (12/13/2006)

By Matt

Answer This Question

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to answer this question.