Browsing: Organizing Under Your Kitchen Sink

Organizing Under the Sink

An ordinary sink has what I call a "hell hole" under it. Sure, you can buy expensive organizers, but when money is tight, consider these means of organizing things. Tall plastic waste baskets can be used to hold dishtowels, household rags, sponges and brushes of various types.

You can use shoe boxes to make stacking shelves on which to set the dozens of bottles of cleaners we all seem to have; from window cleaners to furniture polish, ammonia and vinegar to the seldom used silver polish and such.

One of those touch battery operated lights inside this former "hell hole" will come in handy when you're trying to locate a particular, perhaps small, object!

Janet from NH

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Had to sell house & rent 1-bedroom apartment in order to pay off medical bills and, hopefully, get Social Security Disability benefits. Lived on the LAN with parents until senior in high-school, so I understand that stuff is stuff. You can always take a photograph and not have to carry the stuff.

Sorry, always to wordy - but experience has given me an absolute MUST - Clear containers; can be cleaned grocery containers. clear shoe boxes, etc. Can spray paint lids to match.

Use a bucket for your cleaning supplies - it's both storage and a tote when you're moving about the house.

I like to use the cardboard 6-pack or 4-pack carriers that beer bottles come in. I find that most rolls of wax paper, foil, etc will fit in them an since under my sink I don't have shelves, storing things vertically works well. I use another for bottles of cleaning supplies that stay only in the kitchen (bar keeper's friend, extra sponges and new steel wool, etc). My granny always did this before the days of plastic totes and it works well for me.

What I like best about Janet's tip is the use of a battery operated light under the sink. Nice!

Kitchen Sink
Organizing Under Your Kitchen Sink
Organizing KitchenAugust 23, 2004
Kitchen Sink
Cleaning Under the Kitchen Sink
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Stainless Steel Sink
Removing Rust from a Stainless Steel Sink
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 28, 2016 at 8:08:08 PM on 10.0.0.57 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.