Using an Oven Rack as a Dishtowel Holder

I always take one metal rack out of my oven because I usually don't need it in there. I store it under my kitchen sink standing it vertically and leaning on the drain pipes. This makes for a great place to hang towels, dish cloths, or even plastic grocery bags.

By lnygaard from Billings, MT

Now that is using your head!

Brilliant idea! I always have a rack to spare as well and I keep just putting it back in my oven. I have no towel rack however because my hubby has a hubby about anything being stuck in the wood (we have a cedar kitchen). So this is a great tip!

To Kathydid47: another idea for you is the towel racks that are magnetic, they go on your fridge, microwave, front of stove, etc.

But I like the idea of using the oven rack for something else. I am thinking I can use one or two to display my crafts at the craft show!

I saw an idea too on how to corral small animals or keep said critters out of your growing plants. They twist tied three oven racks to themselves, or two in a corner of the garden. They are temporary and very effective.

Organizing KitchenSeptember 18, 2011
🍂
🎄
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf95536313.tip.html