Store Super Glue In Your Refrigerator

I keep superglue in my refrigerator. I have a small tube that is at least 8 years old now, and it's still good! I just put the top back on when I'm done using it, and keep it upright in the butter compartment on the inside door.

Source: One of the maintenance guys from work told me about this.

By sjackie2000 from Riverdale, GA

Top Comment

I used to buy 1 lb bottles by the case from a couple of suppliers. We used it to glue gaskets on air filters. Somedays one would work and the other would not - Humidity most likely.

Both suppliers told me to store them in a fridge. Several months in a refrigerator, indefinitely in the freezer.

This from Gorilla company's website:

How can I prolong the useful shelf life?

Moisture that gets into the bottle can cause the adhesive to set up and harden. The best practice is to immediately replace the cap and store in a cool, dry location.

There is a metal pin in the cap of Gorilla Super Glue that helps create a tight seal as well as keep the tip clear of dried adhesive.

We do not recommend storing your Gorilla Super Glue in the refrigerator. Because super glue can release gas, it should not be stored near food.

According to the information from Gorilla Super Glue, it should not be stored near food. But what if I keep it in a jar with seal-tight lid and open it only after it's out of the fridge? Every time we buy a tube of super glue, we get to use it one time, then it's done for. My husband read this, and is going to try the fridge; and put the tube in a little

jar first. He gives you a thumbs UP for the good tip, and I second the motion.

If you've been keeping it in the fridge 8 whole years with no problem, then you probably won't have a problem at all.

Thanks for the good tip. We could have been saving a lot of money had we known this before.

Julia in Boca Raton, FL

Thank you SJackie2000.

Careful if you have kids around.

Marg from England.

Glue in Press and Seal
Keeping Glue From Drying Out
Home and Garden Home Improvement Helpful HintsMay 5, 2010
Super Glue
Removing Super Glue from Clothing
Super Glue
Removing Super Glue from Skin
Kitchen Countertop
Removing Super Glue from Kitchen Countertop
bottle of super glue
Removing Super Glue from a Car's Exterior
🎉
🎄