Keeping Glue From Drying Out

0
Share
Save
Follow
Print

Glue in Press and SealI keep superglue in my refrigerator. I have a small tube that is at least 8 years old now, and it's still good! I just put the top back on when I'm done using it, and keep it upright in the butter compartment on the inside door.

Source: One of the maintenance guys from work told me about this.

By Jackolyn Smith from Riverdale, GA

6 More Solutions

I have tried many of the ideas to keep Super glue from drying up, but they have not have worked for me. I did find a solution to this problem, by accident.

A box of Press'N Seal plastic wrap and a tube of super glue.

If you are using super glue, before replacing the cap, gently squeeze the tube on the sides and the glue will be "sucked" back down into the tube.

After opening a bottle or tube of "Super Glue", put it in the refrigerator. It will never dry out! I've had a bottle in the door of my frig for 10 years or more and it's still like new.

One of the maintenance men in the factory where I worked told me this.

I keep a glue stick in my desk drawer for sealing envelopes that have lost their stickiness, stamps that have been taken off something I decided not to send, etc. They are so cheap I can keep one everywhere I might need one. By Linda

Use a small piece of aluminum foil to cover the tip opening and screw back the cap of the glue.

We all know how hard it is to keep those little tubes of "Crazy Glue" free from clogging-up and standing upright, right?

Crafts MiscellaneousApril 15, 2012
🎆
😎
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf38794170.tip.html