Will Tea Tree Oil Harm Plants

I am attempting to try my hand at growing a potted plant again, it's an airplane/spider plant. I have just recently put a start in a hanging pot. My problem is the fact that I have a large number of indoor cats! I took 4 Q-tips and lightly moistened the tips with tea tree oil and laid them along the inside edge of the pot, to deter them from bothering the plant as they dislike the smell. My concern, will the smell bother the plant? I hope not, because, so far, this is working like a charm, and will be the perfect way to protect my plant!

Many thanks for any advice given,
Linda from Southeast Iowa

When my cat tries to get into the dirt of the plants I sprinkle a little cayenne pepper on the dirt. The cat will not bother the plant again.

My cat loves spider plants and the only thing I have done to get the cat to not eat the leaves of this plant is to put it out of the cats reach.

No Tea tree Oil will not hurt your plants.

Denise McCall

http://www.MyBerryTree.com/bt97975

Tea Tree Oil
Uses for Tea Tree Oil
Pets CatsMarch 22, 2007
Tea Tree Oil
Using Tea Tree Oil for Dogs
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 16, 2017 at 4:07:49 AM on 10.0.1.142 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.