Lost Power to Closet After Changing an Outlet

I changed our wall outlet plug in our 2nd floor bedroom from a two prong to a three prong and now I don't have power to my closet. The outlet has two hot wires, two neutrals, and two grounds. All of the wiring was stacked up on the two prong plug. I've tried various configurations to remedy the problem; however, none of them seem to work. I am able to get power to this particular outlet, but I still cannot restore power to my closet.

By Antwan from MO

Why was there a ground wire to a 2 wire outlet? Usually only a hot and neutral are at a 2 wire recept. Not sure what you mean by stacked, 2 wires under each screw? One set should be the line, the other a load-the wires to the rest of the closet. I would get an electrician with proper tools to sort out what you have.

Ditto with zoodad! Please have an electrician take care of this because the wiring as it is now could also be a fire hazard! :-(

Man fixing and electrical outlet
Repairing an Electric Outlet
Home and Garden Repair Home ElectricalSeptember 7, 2010
White changing table with drawers below.
Uses for a Baby Changing Table
Shower Power Cleaner
Buying Shower Power Cleaner
changing an outlet
Changing a 15 Amp Outlet to 20 Amps
power outage kitchen
Cooking When the Power Goes Out
🎉
🎄