Can I Freeze Raw Meat and Vegetables Together? - Categories:

AdviceFreezing

Can I Freeze Raw Meat and Vegetables Together?

Is it possible to freeze uncooked meat and veggies together so that I can cook them at a later date?

By Maz from Brisbane, QLD

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I personally wouldn't risk it! It's easy to cut them up and place in separate individual portion containers for freezing.

Agree with Deeli--even if you've washed the meat carefully, there's going to be some fluid "weep" into the veggies; unsure if taking them immediately from the freezer to the cooktop would kill any bacterial issues going on there--and if they're going to be defrosted in the fridge before cooking, the veggies are sitting in even more of that.

To be on the safe side, I'd keep them separate, too.

I feel better not having the meat juices coming in contact with the veggies. But I like the convenience of having them in the same package. So I put the meat into a seperate baggie then place it in a bigger ziploc with the veggies. Label and freeze. Then just pull the readied bag from freezer. Mine goes straight from freezer and into the crockpot.

Thank you all for the input and I will put the veggies in a separate bag. Thanks, maz

Food and Recipes Freezing AdviceJune 26, 2010
green peppers growing
Growing Peppers and Tomatoes Together
Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
Adding Raw Food To Your Diet
A dog with a raw steak in its bowl.
Feeding Dogs a Raw Diet
Raw Egg
Cleaning Raw Egg Off Carpet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 31, 2016 at 11:18:25 AM on 10.0.2.162 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.