Can I Freeze Raw Meat and Vegetables Together?

By maz 1 1

Is it possible to freeze uncooked meat and veggies together so that I can cook them at a later date?

By Maz from Brisbane, QLD

Showing: Answers Sort

thr522587 Flag

I personally wouldn't risk it! It's easy to cut them up and place in separate individual portion containers for freezing.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Candy Killion 10 410 Flag

Agree with Deeli--even if you've washed the meat carefully, there's going to be some fluid "weep" into the veggies; unsure if taking them immediately from the freezer to the cooktop would kill any bacterial issues going on there--and if they're going to be defrosted in the fridge before cooking, the veggies are sitting in even more of that.

To be on the safe side, I'd keep them separate, too.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Janice 2 Flag

I feel better not having the meat juices coming in contact with the veggies. But I like the convenience of having them in the same package. So I put the meat into a seperate baggie then place it in a bigger ziploc with the veggies. Label and freeze. Then just pull the readied bag from freezer. Mine goes straight from freezer and into the crockpot.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By maz 1 1 Flag

Thank you all for the input and I will put the veggies in a separate bag. Thanks, maz

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Food and Recipes Freezing AdviceJune 26, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Veggie seeds.
Growing Vegetables from Seeds
Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
Adding Raw Food To Your Diet
Jar of pickled tomatoes.
How to Pickle Vegetables
Washing Root Vegetables
Washing Root Vegetables
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 4:24:31 PM on 10.0.2.213 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings