Gas Smell on Car Seat

Looking for ways to eliminate gasoline odor from a car seat. not sure how much gas spilled on the seat but any help is appreciated. Last resort will be to replace the seat.

Russ from Chelmsford, MA

Place a bar of soap under the seat. The soap will absorb the odor over night. I got egged once and nothing was working. I asked a kid at a used car lot how they dealt with odors, he told me about the soap. Since then many of my friends have eliminated a wide variety of odors with a bar of soap. I used Ivory as it doesn't have any perfume.

try doin' those things, and if happen that the smell is still there, u got no choice but to change your car seat. its a good idea anyway than to kill yourself smelling those gas. its not good for the health, remember... <a href= ... +21%3a29%3a5.407&direction=n>

I spilled a gallon of gas on my car carpet, try wetting it down, buy kitty litter apply to wet carpet let dry, vaccuum up, once should do it. kitty litter should have a charcol odor control to it

i also had gas spill in my car last night on seat and it is just horrible - did kitty litter help does anyone know?? any other suggestions??? baking soda perhaps??? Help !

Some gas was spilled on the back seat of my wife's new car.

We have a garage so i put a small room fan on it for 2 nights and i used some Febreze.

Also it is important to open the trunk.

We have a passage way so i left that open.

If no passage way you may want to open the trunk and leave the fan in the trunk running a night or 2.

Home and Garden Cleaning AutoDecember 20, 2005
Childs Car Seat
Decorating a Child's Car Seat
gas costs for road travel
Estimating Gas Costs for Road Trips
Infant car seat.
Car Seat Safety