How Can I Keep My Hand-held TVs Working After Digital Switch?

I have two Watchman hand-held TV sets that I have been using and loving for over 20 years. They are great for the car, at the beach, anywhere because they are powered by batteries. When the new system is put in place in February, getting rid of the analog sets and going to digital, does anyone know where I could get something to still make my portable TV sets work? I will absolutely hate to get rid of them! I listen to the news on my way to and from work! Thanks bunches!

Casey from Plano, TX

wow i have in my emergency kit a radio combo with a tv. never thought about the digital switch. dont know what will happen

Unless you're going to use them in conjunction with a converter box, I don't think they'll work.

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/setup-converterbox.html

I believe that there is some sort of movement in Congress to address this bad situation. I have heard about this from other friends. It's terrible. Write to your congressman and senators. A lot of people will be left high and dry without their emergency t.v.'s. This problem should be addressed before the switch.

I understand the situation all it is, is another way to dig in our pockets making us all have to buy add on stuff in order to see or watch the things we enjoy. It's becoming a sad world, not even tv is free anymore.

www.circuitcity.com has a Q & A section that might help. They seem to have a knowledgeable person mentoring the site.

The really bad thing about these converter boxes is that the stores can't keep them in stock. They receive really small shipments (6 or less!) at a time. They have been telling people on the news lately that if your local store does not have them, they will be able to order it for you. NOT THE CASE! The retail store where I work in our little town CAN NOT order them. We get what we are sent as far as electronics are concerned. Someone needs to do something. The government coupons aren't going to do anyone any good, because they will expire before a lot of people in more rural areas and smaller towns, such as mine are able to get one!

I purchased my converter box at Wal-Mart. Went to Fry's first, but was told their computer system was DOS based and could not adapt to coupons. Whether or not this is true, you now know what I was told.

Home and Garden Repair Electronics (Small)June 5, 2008
Old television set.
Getting Rid of Old TVs
Film Slide
Converting Slides to a Digital Format
Light Switch
Repairing a Light Switch
Family Taking Digital Photos
Transferring Digital Photos to Your Computer
🎉
🎄