Low-Cost Teeth Cleaning

Check with your local college or business school to see if they have a dental hygienist program. They usually offer low cost teeth cleaning and other services. It is done by students, but everything is checked by an instructor. So you get a good cleaning, although it may take a little longer.

By Ginger from Duluth, MN

I brush with baking soda (bi-carb soda for Australians) and then toothpaste. The baking soda is the secret and you don't need professional cleaning after using it.

Baking soda works well for me;I brush with it three or four times a week. I also gargle with hydrogen peroxide occasionally. This makes the mouth feel quite clean. I would not overdo it, given the admonitions that appear elsewhere in this feed back.

For sore gums, I have found that white oak bark works well. I found it at an herb store and it is just what is says it is. When ground up - use a blender. It resembles instant tea in texture. Place a pinch between your lower gum and the backside of your lower lip. Use your tongue to move it around your mouth.

But be forewarned - it is bitter! It should dissolve into a thin, particulate liquid. Swish it around in your mouth for as long as you can stand it. The bark has naturally occurring antiseptics that help protect the tree. I have had to use it only a couple to stop soreness. It is not something you would want to do every day but it gets the job done.

Better Living Frugal Living TipsDecember 8, 2008
Flipper Teeth
Buying Flipper Teeth Kits
low salt recipes
Low Sodium Recipes
Bowl of plain  yogurt.
Low Fat Yogurt Recipes
Protein Powder
Low Carb Low Protein Powder for Breakfast Shakes
🎄
🍂