Moisture Problems On Ground Floor Apartment

I just moved into an apartment which is on the ground floor. The lawn outside of our bedrooms and patio is very wet. The soil is very muddy. I therefore suspect the apartment has some dampness problem. This is confirmed by the strange odor every time I entered the apartment. Moreover, these days, I saw many bugs on the carpet. The strange things are those bugs are everyone on the carpet but they are all dead. I don't understand that why they could move to the empty space but are dead there. Thanks.

Jenny from MI

Many insects lay their eggs in carpeting, the bugs may be hatching from there. The odor may be something that was sprayed to kill the bugs. Or it could be mold or mildew. You need to talk to your landlord.

You need to talk to the landlord and let him or her handle it. You shouldn't have to endure a bad smell or have bugs in your apt. Maybe a dehumidifier is in order.

Thanks. Can I take any legal action if the landlord doesn't want to take care of that?

I have no idea if you can take any legal action. If the landlord doesn't want to make things right....of course, give him a chance first, then you need to ask someone in your town. Maybe you have like a Village Hall or something like that. I have never rented so do not know what rights as a tennant you have. How long is your lease? You might want to think about moving if the problem persists.

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsSeptember 8, 2007
Closeup of blue flowering creeping charlie.
Getting Rid of Ground Ivy (Creeping Charlie)
An street with an "Apartment For Rent" sign.
Renting an Apartment
sweeping a floor
Floor Sweeping Tips
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
🎄