Use Liquid Soap to Remove Ticks

Apply a glob of liquid soap to a cotton ball and cover the tick with the soap-soaked cotton ball. Let it stay on the repulsive insect for one minute, after which the tick will come out on it's own. If the tick is not stuck to the cotton ball, wipe the area gently with a washcloth and the tick will stick to the washcloth. Repeat if necessary.

This is the safest and best way to remove a tick because there is no chance of part of the tick breaking away under the skin. I can't see where this could be harmful to anyone unless of course the person has an allergy to soap. I've had this tip saved for a while and had the opportunity to try it today on my husband. It worked perfect on the first try and he was more than impressed and grateful:)

Source: Received in an email from my friend Debbie who lives in Tallahassee, FL who said it came from a school nurse who learned it from a Pediatrician.

By SieraStar from Crystal River, FL

I do that on my dog with full strength liquid soap or her flea shampoo. Liquid soap, diluted (a couple of squirts in a cup of water) and kept in a sprayer, if you hit them directly, can kill bugs that get in your house and on your plants. This includes cockroaches and caterpillars as well as other smaller bugs. Just don't use it on bees or wasps. It doesn't slow them down as fast as chemicals.

I don't even own any chemical sprays any more.

That is a great tip, we have a terrible problem in Slovenia with ticks so unfortunately I will probably get the chance to try it out soon. Thanks very much.

Tick Removal
Removing a Tick
Pets AdviceJuly 30, 2010
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Homemade Liquid Hand Soap
Homemade Liquid Hand Soap Recipes
Liquid Hand Soap
Stretching Liquid Hand Soap
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎄