Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Remedies for Stinky Feet

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Stinky Feet on Hardwood Floor

Avoiding unpleasant odor and embarrassment when removing your footwear, can be accomplished. This guide is about remedies for stinky feet.

Solutions: Remedies for Stinky Feet

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Solution for Stinky Feet

When smelly feet were brought up at a recent podiatry appointment for a man, the doctor told the wife that feet have sweat glands too. Foot odor can be helped. He advised her to use spray deodorant on them. She bought deodorant and the smell subsided from the feet. The amount you use can be controlled if you need more or less. Washing your shoes often will also cut down on smelly feet.

By Gem from VA

Tip: Preventing Smelly Feet and Shoes

Keep an inexpensive container of solid deodorant where you first put on your shoes in the morning. Just quickly rub the deodorant stick over the bottom of your feet (soles and toes), before putting on your socks or shoes. This keeps feet, socks, and shoes free of odor. And you'll never be embarrassed to take off your shoes. All you'll smell is a pleasant deodorant scent.

By Steph from Cincinnati, OH

Tip: Remedy for Stinky Feet

To remedy stinky toes, soak your feet in a pail of warm black tea many times. Wear sandals and air your feet.

By Dorothy from Durban, KZN

Tip: Preventing Stinky Feet

I went to a foot doctor with my stinky feet. He gave me prescription for an antifungal to rub on the bottom of my feet. After a few applications, I was cured. He also said if my feet ever stink again to put underarm deodorant (either spray or solid roll on) before putting your socks on. That will help a lot too. That works especially well when you are wearing anything that is not cotton. Non cotton socks do not breathe, which leads to "stinky feet".

By sallyravon from Brookfield WI

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Remedies for Stinky Feet.

Question: Solution for Stinky Foot Odor

I have visited my doctor more than five times. I used different treatments such as: Ketoconazole cream and shampoo, Itraconazole tablets for a month, and clotrimazole cream and powder for a long time. In addition to this, I would change my shoes and socks a couple of times very day; I washed my feet two times a day. But I didn't get any solution. It smells even with in an open shoe. So please I need your experience.

By Solomon B

Most Recent Answer

By Steffi K.01/07/2014

First of all, if you are a cigarette smoker, quitting smoking will help immensely! (Believe it or not, I know it sounds strange.) Also, Naturally Fresh deodorant foot spray has helped me. It is available at natural/health food stores, and costs about $3 on vitacost.com

Question: Remedies for Smelly Feet

My feet smell bad. I think that it is because of sweating too much on my feet. I have tried different medications and home remedies, but it is not working. What do you advise me to do? Thanks.

By David from VA

Most Recent Answer

By susan [5]03/25/2014

Brew strong tea, cool, then soak your feet in this; it will help with the sweat problem, which may help with the odor problem. It's a cheap solution that works for many. Secondly, my friend's son was allergic to dairy. Whenever he ate dairy, his feet stank to high heaven. When he abstained from it, he had no foot odor. Do you have any food allergies?

Question: Remedy for Stinky Feet

My feet will stink at work even though I change shoes every day. They stink more with my shoes on and most of the time my shoes and socks don't stink at the end of the day. I suspect it is an internal problem. What can I do?

By Art

Most Recent Answer

By Elizabeth06/04/2012

I read on a web site just a few days ago about this. Wash your feet and dry with a clean towel. When dry rub with stick deodorant bottoms, tops, and between toes. The person writing the article said it worked fine. Worth a try and it is inexpensive.

Question: Remedy for Stinky Feet

After I take my shoes off my feet and shoes smell awful. It stinks up the whole house. What can I do?

By Sue K.

Most Recent Answer

By miraclebeliever08/02/2011

Use Zeasorb AF Super Absorbent Antifungal Powder on your feet and in your shoes. Expensive medicated powder found online and at Walgreens.

Wear cotton socks. Alternate your shoes or boots.

Question: Remedies For Stinky Feet

My feet stink even after a shower, scrub, and massage, nothing helps?

By crazy eddiy

Most Recent Answer

By Michelle02/17/2012

A very new way to cure stinky feet is the use of antifungal cedarsoles (insoles made from natural cedarwood). It works very well and is comfortable to apply! Unfortunately, you just find them in the internet.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Remedies For Stinky Feet

My granddaughter is 10 and has such stinky feet. I have tried everything I can think of.

Archive: Remedies For Stinky Feet

What is the best remedy for your boyfriend's stinky feet?

By Jody from Santa Rosa, CA

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Haha, I laughed when I read this. It's good to know there are other girls out there with the same problem. It could be his shoes so I would try something like Gold Bond or some kind of good foot powder, and tell him to make sure he washes his feet really well in the shower. Lol. (04/02/2010)

By k.sowders

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Foot powder. (04/02/2010)

By MCW

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

I assume he is showering and putting on clean socks daily. Have him apply deodorant to his feet. A spray is easy to apply. If the shoe has a removable innersole, wash it by hand and let it air dry. If it's glued in, spray the shoes at night with Lysol spray (or a dollar store equivalent). They will be dry by morning. Do this every night until the smell is better.

I have heard that taking chlorophyll supplements helps to eliminate body odor. (04/02/2010)

By OliveOyl

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Try getting him to rub a little vinegar on his feet, let it set a few minutes, then wash it really well. It's also good to kill foot and toe fungus that causes stinky feet. (04/03/2010)

By laura343

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

My husband has had wonderful success with soaking his feet in strong tea solution for half an hour. Does your boyfriend wear non-leather footwear? If so, it does not breathe like leather so the sweat is staying in the shoes. Perhaps changing shoes frequently to let them air out is a good idea too. I feel your pain, as I say my husband deals with this too. (04/04/2010)

By thriftmeg

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Number 1 cause for stinky feet is not drying between the toes thoroughly after showering! Make sure he dries them all the way before putting on socks/shoes. (04/04/2010)

By triofangel

Archive: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Are there any concoctions out there for smelly feet while in the shoes?

By Gail from Richmond, VA

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

My grandmother used to tell us to sprinkle some boric acid powder in our shoes, swish it all around and leave it in there overnight. In the morning just dump it in the trash. It's non-toxic and reasonably priced at any drug store. It really works! I would wear socks with the shoes after treating. (05/11/2010)

By dnapolitan

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

It depends on what the bad smell smells like. My husband had really awful smelling feet for years. I wouldn't let him keep them (shoes) in the house. When the doctor started treating him for candida over-growth, it got better and went away. We threw out the old shoes. (05/11/2010)

By c t

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Correction: Boric Acid is VERY toxic, poisonous, so be EXTRA careful using it openly, around pets or children, and wash hands well after touching it. Do NOT breathe it or suck it up into the vacuum because most bags leak dust right back into the air, filtering only the chunks of dirt and debris from the carpet/ floors.

Advise your boyfriend to:

Wash feet in the "clean" bathtub or shower gently with soap. Towel dry, then "blow dry", being extra careful not to step onto anything dirty, or to step back into the same stinky shoes. Wear only "washable shoes" as much as possible. If not, try the following.

I have used the recommended "urine" treatment for feet health, and place some on a cotton ball and wipe inside every shoe about three-four times a year. When dried, it has little to no odor and also helps to eliminate fungus that is responsible for athlete's foot. It truly works even if the shoe is dirty inside, although better if not so dirty.

Remember "not" to go barefoot on the floors and to wear shoes outside, then to wash your slippers and socks with a little bleach or hydrogen peroxide and vinegar often. Do not wear socks around for slippers then expect it to protect your feet from fungus or smelliness. Dirt mixed with the natural moisture of your feet, combined with the dirt that drops off dirty socks when placed inside a shoe, is just asking for stench. Odor usually comes from dirt and garbage off the floor, mixed with sweaty less clean socks.

Wash socks daily, buy socks that have cotton in the fabric, add 1/2 borax washing powder, and 1/2 cup of bleach to white sock washer water. Don't wash them with linens or clothing, but separately in warm only water, not hot.

If you have very dry feet, after soaking a while in the bath tub, try scraping the dead skin off your feet before finishing and getting outside the tub onto a dry clean surface.

Applying urine directly to your feet while in the emptying tub about once or twice a month also keeps the flora and fauna of your feet skin more neutralized and natural, I understand. Do not use harsh soaps on them or too hot water which both destroy the natural protective qualities of the skin anywhere on the body, even the feet.

Do not use your towels for any other purpose than for bathing. Wash out the tub often with "the Scrubbing Bubbles" bath cleaner, or vinegar and hydrogen peroxide.

God bless and help you, : ) *-* (05/11/2010)

By lyndagayle62

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Stinky feet can be soaked in a foot bath with 1/2 to 1 cup baking soda (odor absorber) and fungus/bacteria fighting essential oils such as 10 drops of lavender, tea tree, or lemon essential oils. Use one or all three oils for a nice clean scent. This will kill the foul odor and it will kill any fungus/bacteria causing the foul odor.

Very important: after the foot bath you must dry your feet completely. Dry between your toes and let your feet air dry. Keep them out of shoes for awhile (overnight). Even powder them with baby powder or foot powder of your choice.

Wear breathable materials on your feet. 100% cotton or wool socks. 100% real leather shoes. Avoid synthetic materials at all costs. Synthetics harbor fungus and bacteria.

For the Shoes: Sprinkle baking soda inside the shoes while not wearing them. Dump the baking soda out and sprinkle a little bit inside while wearing the shoes. (05/12/2010)

By Carly34

Archive: Remedies For Stinky Feet

I am looking for a remedy for feet that stink.