Remedies for Stinky Feet

Avoiding unpleasant odor and embarrassment when removing your footwear, can be accomplished. This guide is about remedies for stinky feet.

Filter Sort

Tip: Solution for Stinky Feet

By gem 154 262

When smelly feet were brought up at a recent podiatry appointment for a man, the doctor told the wife that feet have sweat glands too. Foot odor can be helped. He advised her to use spray deodorant on them. She bought deodorant and the smell subsided from the feet. The amount you use can be controlled if you need more or less. Washing your shoes often will also cut down on smelly feet.

By Gem from VA

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Preventing Smelly Feet and Shoes

By Steph in Ohio 1 1

Keep an inexpensive container of solid deodorant where you first put on your shoes in the morning. Just quickly rub the deodorant stick over the bottom of your feet (soles and toes), before putting on your socks or shoes. This keeps feet, socks, and shoes free of odor. And you'll never be embarrassed to take off your shoes. All you'll smell is a pleasant deodorant scent.

By Steph from Cincinnati, OH

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Remedy for Stinky Feet

After I take my shoes off my feet and shoes smell awful. It stinks up the whole house. What can I do?

By Sue K.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By miraclebeliever 5 Flag

Use Zeasorb AF Super Absorbent Antifungal Powder on your feet and in your shoes. Expensive medicated powder found online and at Walgreens.

Wear cotton socks. Alternate your shoes or boots.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Solution for Stinky Foot Odor

I have visited my doctor more than five times. I used different treatments such as: Ketoconazole cream and shampoo, Itraconazole tablets for a month, and clotrimazole cream and powder for a long time. In addition to this, I would change my shoes and socks a couple of times very day; I washed my feet two times a day. But I didn't get any solution. It smells even with in an open shoe. So please I need your experience.

By Solomon B

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Steffi K. 5 Flag

First of all, if you are a cigarette smoker, quitting smoking will help immensely! (Believe it or not, I know it sounds strange.) Also, Naturally Fresh deodorant foot spray has helped me. It is available at natural/health food stores, and costs about $3 on vitacost.com

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Remedies For Stinky Feet

By crazy eddiy 1

My feet stink even after a shower, scrub, and massage, nothing helps?

By crazy eddiy

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Michelle 2 Flag

A very new way to cure stinky feet is the use of antifungal cedarsoles (insoles made from natural cedarwood). It works very well and is comfortable to apply! Unfortunately, you just find them in the internet.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Remedies for Smelly Feet

My feet smell bad. I think that it is because of sweating too much on my feet. I have tried different medications and home remedies, but it is not working. What do you advise me to do? Thanks.

By David from VA

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By 2ndsight 4 28 Flag

If you soak your feet in epsom salts it will take away the odor and also the magnesium in them is good for your body. Most people are magnesium deficient.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Remedy for Stinky Feet

My feet will stink at work even though I change shoes every day. They stink more with my shoes on and most of the time my shoes and socks don't stink at the end of the day. I suspect it is an internal problem. What can I do?

By Art

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By mukuku 1 Flag

Hey Art, I have the same problem. What did you do to fix it? Please help.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Remedy for Stinky Feet

By Dorothy 79 155

To remedy stinky toes, soak your feet in a pail of warm black tea many times. Wear sandals and air your feet.

By Dorothy from Durban, KZN

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Preventing Stinky Feet

By sallyravon 3 4

I went to a foot doctor with my stinky feet. He gave me prescription for an antifungal to rub on the bottom of my feet. After a few applications, I was cured. He also said if my feet ever stink again to put underarm deodorant (either spray or solid roll on) before putting your socks on. That will help a lot too. That works especially well when you are wearing anything that is not cotton. Non cotton socks do not breathe, which leads to "stinky feet".

By sallyravon from Brookfield WI

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Archive: Remedies For Stinky Feet

My granddaughter is 10 and has such stinky feet. I have tried everything I can think of.

Thanks.

momhyde13 from W Terre Haute

Feedback:

Tea for Stinky Feet

Brew two tea bags in one quart of warm water and soak your feet for ten minutes. Do this every night until the problem is gone. Then you can soak them periodically. Tea is terrific at keeping your feet odor free and it also will keep your feet perspiration free because of its Britannic acid.

By MrsMoted2 (05/17/2005)

By ThriftyFun

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Sweat is alkali, so use a tablespoon of vinegar which in a footbath daily, also add vinegar when you launder your socks either in main wash or when rinsing. Thus the acid in the vinegar neutralizes the sweat. (05/17/2005)

By Sue

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Only wear natural fiber socks. Poly-based fibers don't allow your feet to "breathe", or absorb moisture, so your feet start to sweat and then stink because the sweat can't evaporate because it is trapped. Also, there are antiperspirant lotions that you can rub on the bottoms of your feet which will cut down on perspiration and stinkiness. (05/19/2005)

By Anna

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Avon has several foot care products. They are called Foot Works. We have a spray for cooling and soaks that will soak away the odors. (06/14/2005)

By Sandy

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Use a cotton ball and wipe the bottoms of the feet with vinegar. This is also a good home remedy for athlete's feet. My kids used to get athlete's feet when they were younger and a couple of days washing their feet with vinegar and they were back to normal. (06/14/2005)

By chima0692

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Any powder with zinc oxide is the key to non-stinky feet. Gold Bond baby powder is great and I love the smell. It doesn't smell like the typical foot powders. Johnson's medicated baby powder is also good. Either put it in your shoes or wipe it on your feet everyday when you wear sandals. It has worked for my whole family and we had very smelly feet.
(06/28/2005)

By Elaine

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

My last girlfriend had feet so stinky that you could whistle at her trainers and they'd come running without her in them. She'd warned me about her feet and she wasn't joking. The stinky feet smell is normally bacteria feeding on dead skin and for want of a better word, farting the smell.

The cure is very simple. Go out and buy some new shoes/trainers. Wash feet in hot water, quite hot soapy water. Rinse well in hot water and make sure all the soap is off. Dry feet really well with a hair drier if possible to make sure there isn't any moisture on them.

Next, soak your feet in a solution of hot water and sodium hypochlorite." 'What's that?", the stuff you soak baby bottles in. In the UK it's called "Milton Sterisling Solution". You need a few good glugs in the bowl of water. Say about 250ml. Soak your feet for about an hour in this solution so your feet are prune looking. Remove feet, but don't dry completely. Leave them so they are a little damp. Don't rinse. Put a pair of clean socks on and go to bed. When you wake up in the morning have your usual shower and put on clean socks and new shoes and go to work, etc.

Get home at night and remove shoes. You won't smell anything, but a warm shoe smell. Ask a friend neighbour, etc. to smell your feet. There won't be anything to smell. Works every time. About day two or three you will notice that you have very dry feet and they may crack ever so slightly. Just use a moisturiser. By day seven you'll have normal unsmelling feet. Even if you've sweated all day (which is quite natural 'cos your feet are supposed to sweat). They aren't supposed to stink.

What you've done is kill off the bug in your feet. You've got rid of any hiding places for the bug by washing in hot soapy water and rinsing off. The strerilising solution then kills it. The overnight ever so slightly damp socks treatment gives it chance to get into nook and cranny of your feet just in case you missed any bugs in the soak.

Your old shoes, etc.? Put them back on for instant smelly feet. The bug's hiding in them waiting for you. Trainers can be washed in a hot machine wash if you aren't overly concerned about them. But make sure they are dry totally before you put them back on your feet. Not surface dry, but all the way through. If they aren't you'll be able to find out because bugs will have survived and when they go back on your feet you'll have to repeat the whole thing again. Shoes, the best thing is put them somewhere warm and dry for about six months and forget about them. The bugs need moisture to live so six months should see them off. But I did have a pair of slippers that were nubuck or something that I could not sterlise no matter what I did. They are in the bin. Don't use household bleach as there's a type of "detergent" in that and that will mega dry your feet out, not good. (08/06/2005)

By edz

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Use 20 Mule Team Borax. You can get it anywhere. Put it inside your shoes every night and pour it out before you wear them again. Shouldn't take 2 to 4 days. The smell will be totally gone. Good luck. (08/20/2005)

By lisa

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Have her try soaking her feet in mouthwash. I heard this a long time ago. It's supposed to work, but I've never tried it. Good luck. (01/26/2006)

By Shan

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

I have a friend who's feet stank to high heaven any time he ate dairy. When he abstained from all dairy products, they had little to no odor. We always knew when he ate ice cream. (01/27/2006)

By susanmajp

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

The smell comes from bacteria that grow in shoes and on feet from the excessive moisture.
To help shoes last longer, and cut down on the odors in them (and thereby reduce the feet smell) rotate shoes. Never wear the same pair of shoes two days in a row. The shoes need to dry for 24 hours between wearings. Discard any shoes that you cannot remove the odor from.

Wear cotton socks and leather shoes. These will help the feet to breath. Change socks daily.
Wash feet with a good mild soap each day. Dry feet thoroughly. Apply a good foot powder or spray. I use a peppermint foot spray every morning on my feet and a generic Dr Sholls type foot powder in my shoes.
Avoid wearing plastic shoes or nylon socks.

I haven't tried this one, but it looks like it might be a help. Soak feet in bath of 1 cup vinegar, 1 dash dish soap, lots of warm water for 10 minutes. Pat dry. Refill tub or bowl with warm water and oatmeal, squeeze oats till water is milky and soak another 10 or so. Pat dry. Fresh as a daisy. The person who recommended this says it lasts several days, too.

These tips will not cure stinky feet, but may help with the problem. (02/20/2006)

By Teddilyn56

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Put a couple of dryer sheets in each shoe when you where them. It covers the smell and takes it with it when you take them out of the shoe. It works for me. (02/25/2007)

By Dean

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

My husband had a terrible foot odor problem for years, it wasn't until we stumbled on to www.curestinkyfeet.com that we are finally cured and got rid of that foot odor for good. It is 3 1/2 years now and going. With only 3 days of sprinkling their foot powder on it worked, you definitely should try it.
We are odor free. (03/07/2007)

By marouli

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Some feet odor is caused by the same bacteria that give you acne. Try over the counter 10% benzoyl peroxide.

(11/04/2007)

By anonmys

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

If you have a sudden onset of stinky feet check with your physician as it may be a medical problem. Bowel cleansing may also help. Your feet excrete toxins from the body. Remember when soaking your feet be careful in what you use as a soak because your body absorbs through the skin. You need to get rid of toxins not add more to your system.

To end the stink in your shoes, remove the foot bed and pour in about a 1/2 cup of baking soda. Shake the baking soda around in your shoes to coat even the top inside of the shoe and let sit over night. Pour it out the next day clapping your shoes to remove any excess and replace the old insole with new foot liners/insoles in your shoes. (11/18/2007)

By Turtlesoup

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Wash the shoes, I use a generous amount of bleach with hot water on my husband and children's stinky sneakers and shoes. It cleans them up and disinfects them. Wear white cotton socks. Soak feet in a tea solution once a week. Spray Lysol Disinfectant inside shoes generously. Use a pumice stone to clean your feet. If all else fails, go see a podiatrist. (12/28/2007)

By mommynah

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

For years I had also an odor problem with my feet.
Now I put a "white powder type" antiperspirant (Arm and Hammer) on the soles of my feet before putting my socks.
It works fine and keep me dry and fresh all day long. (01/02/2008)

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Freeze your stinky shoes. This will kill the bacteria. (01/04/2008)

By Carol

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Guaranteed remedy. Use a handful of rubbing alcohol or isopropyl alcohol on feet with every bath or shower. If feet sweat a lot wear two pair of absorbent socks for two weeks and change them every 4-6 hours. After a week or two of using alcohol daily you shouldn't have to change socks anymore. Your foot odor should be eliminated, but continue to use alcohol each day. (01/12/2008)

By dewey funk

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Well, I rub my feet with tea tree oil every night. It kills toxins and bacteria, and it has a strong smell, but it fades overnight. It's a nice though. Just too strong for wearing during the day. For a quick easy application, I made a solution by mixing some with water and spraying my feet. Afterward, I put on loose socks and head to bed. (03/16/2008)

By Kattt

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Soak your feet in Lysol for 2 hours, two days in a row. I had the worst foot odor for years, I did this and the odor has never returned. It has also helped many of my friends. (04/01/2008)

By Scott

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

I have read a lot of people say bleach is the answer "it is not". I repeat, do NOT put bleach on your feet it is "toxic" and the toxins make your feet worse, and bleach can also be harmful to other parts of your body. Remember your feet are attached to everything through your biggest organ in your body which is skin. It absorbs the bleach into your system very quickly. Try tea it's a plant. (04/13/2008)

By Corri

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

This is the magic bullet, it's called Pedisolix. I got it while in Europe last year and now it's available online here in America. Use it once and leave on for 24 hours with the socks they provide and it kills odour for almost 3 months. It normalizes foot perspiration and kills the bacteria and makes feet soft and healthy. It also really helps with foot fungus and toenail "stuff". I couldn't believe it, but me and a few friends here have used it a few times and it's amazing. We found it helps to spray disinfect your shoes so the smell doesn't temporarily transfer back to feet after the treatment.
www.pedisolix.com (04/30/2008)

By sean01

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

This may help. Fermalin is a very good solution. (08/18/2008)

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Please people even natural tea tree oil if you look at it in Wikipedia in certain doses can be fatal and toxic. Please inform yourself before putting anything on your feet, natural or not natural. For example, to soak your feet in tea sporadically or maybe putting on Listerine, I do not think could be of harm. But detergents are toxic if they are absorbed.

Maybe you won't notice and years from now start presenting a level of toxicity diseases or carcinogenic effects "cancer" from putting your skin in contact with toxic agents. Please don't be ignorant; research anything you use. Your skin absorbs these remedies and it goes to the blood stream in the same way as if you drink it or ingest the toxin. It is very alarming what I read here because some child might take the Lysol, bleach, or other suggestions as a possibility without knowing these are detergents that may be extremely toxic and bad for you. (12/03/2008)

By Lucas

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

For me and probably for many of you the smell is from a bacteria. You can probably see little wells in your skin, which are being used for food by the critters. The following works for me. In England a few years back I found a cream that stopped the smell for a month. I couldn't find it in the USA, but realized that the formula was very similar to gel-type underarm deodorants.

So now, when I have a problem I start the morning by rubbing in some of the gel on my feet before putting on my socks. Also, if needed I will put a small amount of foot deodorant powder in my shoes that *does not* contain cornstarch or other things bacteria can eat. I can't believe that the deodorant is worse on my feet than under my arm in terms of chemical exposure. One caution, boric acid works well in foot powders, but it is poisonous, so don't use a lot. Read up on it. (12/04/2008)

By jg

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

I read in a magazine that putting a little bag of cat litter scent in your shoes should get rid of the bad smell.
(12/30/2008)

By samrap5

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Get some oak leaves and boil them. Then you strain the leaves and put the water in a container and soak your feet for 30 minutes a day for a week. (01/18/2009)

By Samantha

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

My teenage son also has a problem with foot odor. I got him these cupron socks, www.cupronsales.com and it really worked. Now we don't have to leave his shoes outside at night anymore. (06/04/2009)

By Weinstein

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

After your shower, rub a thin layer of Vicks VapoRub on the bottoms of your feet and between your toes. Wear white socks and you'll never have a problem again. This really works. (09/27/2009)

By tigerleen

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

I discovered a simple thing when visiting my Doctor of Podiatric Medicine: They have a shoe tree that emits UV light that kills all the bacteria in your shoes. Less bacteria = less odor. This thing works great. I have used it for over 3 month now. I think they call it a UV shoe sterilizer. (02/19/2010)

By John

Archive: Remedies For Stinky Feet

What is the best remedy for your boyfriend's stinky feet?

By Jody from Santa Rosa, CA

Feedback:

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Haha, I laughed when I read this. It's good to know there are other girls out there with the same problem. It could be his shoes so I would try something like Gold Bond or some kind of good foot powder, and tell him to make sure he washes his feet really well in the shower. Lol. (04/02/2010)

By k.sowders

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Foot powder. (04/02/2010)

By MCW

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

I assume he is showering and putting on clean socks daily. Have him apply deodorant to his feet. A spray is easy to apply. If the shoe has a removable innersole, wash it by hand and let it air dry. If it's glued in, spray the shoes at night with Lysol spray (or a dollar store equivalent). They will be dry by morning. Do this every night until the smell is better.

I have heard that taking chlorophyll supplements helps to eliminate body odor. (04/02/2010)

By OliveOyl

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Try getting him to rub a little vinegar on his feet, let it set a few minutes, then wash it really well. It's also good to kill foot and toe fungus that causes stinky feet. (04/03/2010)

By laura343

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

My husband has had wonderful success with soaking his feet in strong tea solution for half an hour. Does your boyfriend wear non-leather footwear? If so, it does not breathe like leather so the sweat is staying in the shoes. Perhaps changing shoes frequently to let them air out is a good idea too. I feel your pain, as I say my husband deals with this too. (04/04/2010)

By thriftmeg

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Number 1 cause for stinky feet is not drying between the toes thoroughly after showering! Make sure he dries them all the way before putting on socks/shoes. (04/04/2010)

By triofangel

Archive: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Are there any concoctions out there for smelly feet while in the shoes?

By Gail from Richmond, VA

Feedback:

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

My grandmother used to tell us to sprinkle some boric acid powder in our shoes, swish it all around and leave it in there overnight. In the morning just dump it in the trash. It's non-toxic and reasonably priced at any drug store. It really works! I would wear socks with the shoes after treating. (05/11/2010)

By dnapolitan

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

It depends on what the bad smell smells like. My husband had really awful smelling feet for years. I wouldn't let him keep them (shoes) in the house. When the doctor started treating him for candida over-growth, it got better and went away. We threw out the old shoes. (05/11/2010)

By c t

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Correction: Boric Acid is VERY toxic, poisonous, so be EXTRA careful using it openly, around pets or children, and wash hands well after touching it. Do NOT breathe it or suck it up into the vacuum because most bags leak dust right back into the air, filtering only the chunks of dirt and debris from the carpet/ floors.

Advise your boyfriend to:

Wash feet in the "clean" bathtub or shower gently with soap. Towel dry, then "blow dry", being extra careful not to step onto anything dirty, or to step back into the same stinky shoes. Wear only "washable shoes" as much as possible. If not, try the following.

I have used the recommended "urine" treatment for feet health, and place some on a cotton ball and wipe inside every shoe about three-four times a year. When dried, it has little to no odor and also helps to eliminate fungus that is responsible for athlete's foot. It truly works even if the shoe is dirty inside, although better if not so dirty.

Remember "not" to go barefoot on the floors and to wear shoes outside, then to wash your slippers and socks with a little bleach or hydrogen peroxide and vinegar often. Do not wear socks around for slippers then expect it to protect your feet from fungus or smelliness. Dirt mixed with the natural moisture of your feet, combined with the dirt that drops off dirty socks when placed inside a shoe, is just asking for stench. Odor usually comes from dirt and garbage off the floor, mixed with sweaty less clean socks.

Wash socks daily, buy socks that have cotton in the fabric, add 1/2 borax washing powder, and 1/2 cup of bleach to white sock washer water. Don't wash them with linens or clothing, but separately in warm only water, not hot.

If you have very dry feet, after soaking a while in the bath tub, try scraping the dead skin off your feet before finishing and getting outside the tub onto a dry clean surface.

Applying urine directly to your feet while in the emptying tub about once or twice a month also keeps the flora and fauna of your feet skin more neutralized and natural, I understand. Do not use harsh soaps on them or too hot water which both destroy the natural protective qualities of the skin anywhere on the body, even the feet.

Do not use your towels for any other purpose than for bathing. Wash out the tub often with "the Scrubbing Bubbles" bath cleaner, or vinegar and hydrogen peroxide.

God bless and help you, : ) *-* (05/11/2010)

By lyndagayle62

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Stinky feet can be soaked in a foot bath with 1/2 to 1 cup baking soda (odor absorber) and fungus/bacteria fighting essential oils such as 10 drops of lavender, tea tree, or lemon essential oils.
Use one or all three oils for a nice clean scent.

This will kill the foul odor and it will kill any fungus/bacteria causing the foul odor.

Very important: after the foot bath you must dry your feet completely. Dry between your toes and let your feet air dry. Keep them out of shoes for awhile (overnight). Even powder them with baby powder or foot powder of your choice.

Wear breathable materials on your feet. 100% cotton or wool socks. 100% real leather shoes. Avoid synthetic materials at all costs. Synthetics harbor fungus and bacteria.

For the Shoes: Sprinkle baking soda inside the shoes while not wearing them. Dump the baking soda out and sprinkle a little bit inside while wearing the shoes. (05/12/2010)

By Carly34

Archive: Remedies For Stinky Feet

I am looking for a remedy for feet that stink.

By anonymous from Merced, CA

Feedback:

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Just add some baking soda to your powder that you use. If not that, mix some soda with cornstarch and use that. It will keep your feet dry and take care of the smell. (11/15/2010)

By 1hotgrannie

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

The one I've heard about is soaking your feet in strong black tea. The tannic acid in the tea is antibacterial, antifungal, and an astringent which works on the organisms that cause the ordor. Good luck. (11/16/2010)

By merlene

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Dr. Oz says to sprinkle some Epsom Salts in some warm water and soak your feet. (11/16/2010)

By Linda :o)

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

Also, make sure your shoe insoles aren't contributing to the problem. You make need to perodically put baking soda in your shoes or add insertable insoles. (11/18/2010)

By PDG

RE: Remedies For Stinky Feet

I don't know if it is the "best" method but I have stinky feet! This is what I do:

I keep charcoal shoe inserts in my shoes and change them often.
I also use stick deodorant on my feet each morning (they sweat a lot).
Finally, I soak my feet at least once a week in warm (not hot) water and vinegar, about 1/2 a cup to a gallon of water.

Every once in a while I think my stinky feet problem is completely gone and will stop my routine only to have the problem come back within a week. (11/19/2010)

By Brique

Archive: Solution for Stinky Feet

Stinky feet? I use the same deodorant that I use under my arms on my feet. It does the same thing. I like the spray type best for under the arms and feet.

Source: Me, I am cheap and have smelly feet.

By Gingerlilymay from New York, NY

Feedback:

RE: Solution for Stinky Feet

I use spray deodorant to keep my feet dry and to keep them from sticking to sandals and flip flops in the summertime. Works like a charm! (01/07/2008)

By kelynsh

RE: Solution for Stinky Feet

Amen! I've been doing this for years. It always gives me a laugh when I see a recommendation to use some expensive specialty spray or powder on sweaty feet, when regular old underarm deodorant works just as well for a fraction of the cost. Of course, it lacks the antifungal agents of the foot sprays, but if you keep your feet dry and don't go barefoot in public places, you won't need an antifungal. And underarm deodorant is available in whatever scent you want -- or no scent at all. (01/07/2008)

By chretienne

RE: Solution for Stinky Feet

Yep! I do the same for my daughter as boot season can be smelly! Some on her feet and away she goes! (01/07/2008)

By michawnpita

RE: Solution for Stinky Feet

I was just watching Dr Oz on Opra. He suggests having a foot bath with warm water and teabags. The teabags have tannin in them that eliminates the odor. A guest was on the show that verified this works. (01/07/2008)

By Pennypacer

RE: Solution for Stinky Feet

LOL! cracks me up - but cool tip! thanks! (01/07/2008)

By Lily 59

RE: Solution for Stinky Feet

Bad case of smelly feet? I would call this remedy a CURE. Soak your feet in warm water to which you have added about 1 ounce of "DETTOL" You can find this at most pharmacies or even some grocery stores.
Add about one ounce of dettol to approximately 2 or 3 gallons of warm water in the foot bath . Soak for 1/2 hour or so. Clean toenails thoroughly.

I wiped out All his shoes in the inside with a strong solution of Dettol. And then I gathered up ALL his socks and washed them in the washing machine--again with dettol in the water. I had to do this again 3 or 6 months later, but guess what? This was several years ago, and no problem since. Good Luck! (01/11/2008)

By bbleackley

RE: Solution for Stinky Feet

Just read about using BodyMint from BodyMint.com or trying Chlorophyll supplementsfrom health-food stores of drugstores. The best buy howerve, was Now Chlorphyll 100mg $10 for 90 capsules from the health food store. (01/19/2008)

By Deb

RE: Solution for Stinky Feet

I have tried teabags, deodorant, everything. It just doesn't work. I need help. It's affecting my life. (02/28/2008)

By nuraan

Solution

How can they not smell their own feet smelling so bad. It is awful, almost too much to bear. I am going to try all the above. I will let you know in a few days. Thanks for the suggestions. (03/28/2008)

By Nell

RE: Solution for Stinky Feet

i know this is several months later, but I just read this thread. My father in law had the same problem and soaks his feet in Listerine mouth wash. Use the regular. If you use the blue, it will turn your skin blue. It cures everything. I get the off brand and it works the same on my husband. If you do it several days in a row, when your feet start feeling cool, it means that the fungus is gone and it is working. Revives the feet too!! My husband just uses the same bowl of stuff, don't dump it out as it kills the bacteria and fungus (10/24/2008)

By moekelly24

RE: Solution for Stinky Feet

I was told that foot and shoe odor is caused by bacteria and microbes. It took me almost 10 years to really get rid of this problem. For a long time I thought it wasn't really possible and that I had to live with it. This is how I solved it:

1. I use antibacterial soap to wash my feet twice a day.

2. I buy high quality shoes that I clean and vent.

3. And as of recently, I kill all the bacteria inside the shoe with UV light using a shoe tree that emits UV light to kill 100% of the bacteria. (02/21/2010)

By johncarpenter

Stinky Feet on Hardwood Floor
Health & Beauty AdviceMay 31, 2012
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Picture of a man holding up stinky shoes.
Remedies for Stinky Shoes
Man Ready to Deal with Stinky Pipes
Remedies for Stinky Pipes
Smelly Dog Paw
Remedy for Smelly Dog Feet
Dog laying on a couch.
Remedies for Stinky Dogs
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 13, 2016 at 12:47:46 AM on 10.0.2.196 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsQuestionsArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings