Browsing: Remedies for Stinky Feet

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Remedies for Stinky Feet

Avoiding unpleasant odor and embarrassment when removing your footwear, can be accomplished. This guide is about remedies for stinky feet.

Stinky Feet on Hardwood Floor
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

March 2, 2011 Flag

When smelly feet were brought up at a recent podiatry appointment for a man, the doctor told the wife that feet have sweat glands too. Foot odor can be helped. He advised her to use spray deodorant on them. She bought deodorant and the smell subsided from the feet. The amount you use can be controlled if you need more or less. Washing your shoes often will also cut down on smelly feet.

By Gem from VA

June 19, 2013 Flag

I have visited my doctor more than five times. I used different treatments such as: Ketoconazole cream and shampoo, Itraconazole tablets for a month, and clotrimazole cream and powder for a long time. In addition to this, I would change my shoes and socks a couple of times very day; I washed my feet two times a day. But I didn't get any solution. It smells even with in an open shoe. So please I need your experience.

By Solomon B

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Years ago the military used boric acid in their foot powder for stinky feet. If you take a tablespoon of boric acid powder and mix with a quart of water,then put in a spray bottle. Wash your feet before bed or after work. Sit down some where you can put your feet up, spray your feet (top and bottom) and let them dry completely. This should take about a week.

This has worked for two people I know that had smelly feet so bad they never took their shoes off until they got in the shower. One person had 3 pairs of work shoes. One to wear, one in the washer and one drying. His boss was so excited about the spay he told me "I don't care how much that stuff costs. Order him a big drum of it I'll pay for it."

First of all, if you are a cigarette smoker, quitting smoking will help immensely! (Believe it or not, I know it sounds strange.) Also, Naturally Fresh deodorant foot spray has helped me. It is available at natural/health food stores, and costs about $3 on vitacost.com

Read More Answers...

March 21, 2014 Flag

My feet smell bad. I think that it is because of sweating too much on my feet. I have tried different medications and home remedies, but it is not working. What do you advise me to do? Thanks.

By David from VA

Brew strong tea, cool, then soak your feet in this; it will help with the sweat problem, which may help with the odor problem. It's a cheap solution that works for many. Secondly, my friend's son was allergic to dairy. Whenever he ate dairy, his feet stank to high heaven. When he abstained from it, he had no foot odor. Do you have any food allergies?

If you soak your feet in epsom salts it will take away the odor and also the magnesium in them is good for your body. Most people are magnesium deficient.

Read More Answers...

May 29, 2012 Flag

Keep an inexpensive container of solid deodorant where you first put on your shoes in the morning. Just quickly rub the deodorant stick over the bottom of your feet (soles and toes), before putting on your socks or shoes. This keeps feet, socks, and shoes free of odor. And you'll never be embarrassed to take off your shoes. All you'll smell is a pleasant deodorant scent.

By Steph from Cincinnati, OH

May 21, 2011 Flag

After I take my shoes off my feet and shoes smell awful. It stinks up the whole house. What can I do?

By Sue K.

Check the type of socks you wear. My husband's foot odor was eliminated when we switched him to cotton socks. After experimenting he can wear socks that are at least 80% cotton mixed with other materials but not more than 5% nylon. Spandex doesn't seem to be a problem but still, the more natural fabric, the better. Oh yeah, the new socks made of bamboo work well, too and they wear like iron! Also, try to wear shoes made from breathable materials when possible. Plastic or vinyl shoes just hold in moisture and promote odors.

Use Zeasorb AF Super Absorbent Antifungal Powder on your feet and in your shoes. Expensive medicated powder found online and at Walgreens.

Wear cotton socks. Alternate your shoes or boots.

Read More Answers...

December 16, 2010 Flag

My feet stink even after a shower, scrub, and massage, nothing helps?

By crazy eddiy

I tried Pedisolix from germany anti foot odor product. Its realy amazing. 1 Appl. last up to 4 Month.

A very new way to cure stinky feet is the use of antifungal cedarsoles (insoles made from natural cedarwood). It works very well and is comfortable to apply! Unfortunately, you just find them in the internet.

Read More Answers...

June 2, 2012 Flag

My feet will stink at work even though I change shoes every day. They stink more with my shoes on and most of the time my shoes and socks don't stink at the end of the day. I suspect it is an internal problem. What can I do?

By Art

I read on a web site just a few days ago about this. Wash your feet and dry with a clean towel. When dry rub with stick deodorant bottoms, tops, and between toes. The person writing the article said it worked fine. Worth a try and it is inexpensive.

Hey Art, I have the same problem. What did you do to fix it? Please help.

Read More Answers...

June 12, 2012 Flag

I went to a foot doctor with my stinky feet. He gave me prescription for an antifungal to rub on the bottom of my feet. After a few applications, I was cured. He also said if my feet ever stink again to put underarm deodorant (either spray or solid roll on) before putting your socks on. That will help a lot too. That works especially well when you are wearing anything that is not cotton. Non cotton socks do not breathe, which leads to "stinky feet".

By sallyravon from Brookfield WI

July 29, 2011 Flag

To remedy stinky toes, soak your feet in a pail of warm black tea many times. Wear sandals and air your feet.

March 2, 2011 Flag

Stinky feet? I use the same deodorant that I use under my arms on my feet. It does the same thing. I like the spray type best for under the arms and feet.

December 16, 2010 Flag

I am looking for a remedy for feet that stink.

By anonymous from Merced, CA

Answers:

Remedies For Stinky Feet

Just add some baking soda to your powder that you use. If not that, mix some soda with cornstarch and use that. It will keep your feet dry and take care of the smell. (11/15/2010)

By 1hotgrannie

Remedies For Stinky Feet

The one I've heard about is soaking your feet in strong black tea. The tannic acid in the tea is antibacterial, antifungal, and an astringent which works on the organisms that cause the ordor. Good luck. (11/16/2010)

By merlene

Remedies For Stinky Feet

Dr. Oz says to sprinkle some Epsom Salts in some warm water and soak your feet. (11/16/2010)

By Linda :o)

Remedies For Stinky Feet

Also, make sure your shoe insoles aren't contributing to the problem. You make need to perodically put baking soda in your shoes or add insertable insoles. (11/18/2010)

By PDG

Remedies For Stinky Feet

I don't know if it is the "best" method but I have stinky feet! This is what I do:

I keep charcoal shoe inserts in my shoes and change them often.
I also use stick deodorant on my feet each morning (they sweat a lot).
Finally, I soak my feet at least once a week in warm (not hot) water and vinegar, about 1/2 a cup to a gallon of water.

Every once in a while I think my stinky feet problem is completely gone and will stop my routine only to have the problem come back within a week. (11/19/2010)

By Brique

Load More
Health & Beauty AdviceMay 31, 2012
Dog's paw, showing pads.
Remedies for Your Pet's Dry Feet
Sweating Feet
Remedies for Sweating Feet
Smelly Dog Paw
Remedy for Smelly Dog Feet
dry heel on foot
Home Remedies for Dry or Cracked Feet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 9, 2016 at 11:05:40 AM on 10.0.2.208 in 8 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.