Making a Wasp Trap

I am looking for a concoction for my Wasp trap. You soak cotton balls and put them in, then it attracts and traps them. I know apple cider vinegar is the base for it, but can't remember or find the recipe with proportions. Thank you!

Please reconsider using wasp trap...Wasp are some of the best bug eaters in the garden. They eat alot of the bugs that you have to spend money to get rid of.

kmcl59 in Pensacola, FL

I would like to know the *concoction* also, due to my husband

being alergic to wasps/bees and most any other insect stings or

bites. The more often he gets stung the lower his own body defence

is. We will build a deck soon, we battle the little stingers daily.

Please post the wasp trap ingredients if you have them? Thanks.

(yes he carries an Epi Pen)

Hooray! i found it under "yellow jacket bait" on here! i don"t like messing with the delicate balance of nature but when they nest above my garage and i have little kids and a dog i have to protect my own first! you can use soda pop citrus or sugar water and some recommended fish? my keyboard is messed up and my caps lock is stuck including punctuation so if this comes out really wierd i apologize!

ariela - the trap that i have we bought at lowe's, you hang it on a tree or near the nest and it is cylindrical neon yellow. i believe it came with a refillable bait, and then dh and i put some cotton balls with bait in it. We also sprayed the nest and the combination seemed to help, but my neighbors have a nest this spring and we have seen them scouting our yard! I have so many birds spiders etc, i am sure the wasps won't be missed!

Hi I found wasp traps on e-bay,Keyzplastic was the store Name they make wasp traps in 7 different colors.They sell for 3.00..

I purchased a wasp trap at Lowe's (bait provided), but so far, havn't caught the first wasp. What can I replace the existing bait with that will be more effective?

I have read you need to alter per season. Late winter and early spring they need protein. I have done this, used a little lunch meat. Summer more sugary sweet. Now I know why the meat didn't always work. I used it all summer. Maybe try this in your purchased traps.

Homemade traps dangle on string in bottom they suggested using a water and dish soap solution. To avoid bees, add a little vinegar.

While wasps may be beneficial, they LOVE Monarch caterpillar babies, and do not eat the assassin bugs that also love the babies. I vote for the Monarchs.

I agree with lynneolry. I raise Monarch butterflies and I have seen wasps kill Monarch caterpillars to snack on. I bought an (expensive) wasp trap at a garden center - nope not one single wasp. I am going to try making one with the 2 ltr. bottle and hope to rid my butterfly garden of wasps.