Autism Support Groups

I have a daughter who is 10 years old and the light of my life. She also was diagnosed with autism at age 2. I am looking to see if there are any parents I could talk with out there who have an autistic child. I really have no one to talk to and share my thoughts with. I am basically looking for a sympathetic ear, someone who understands what I am going through. Thanks.

Rosemarie from Lynn, Mass.

I am here. I have a lot of supports I can give you and I will post them later. Lots of places to get information and you can email me at robynfederspiel AT yahoo.com. Put Autism in the subject so I know who you are. I have a daughter who is 19 and I have lots of information and opinions on what works and what doesn't.

Love, Robyn

Here are some support sites for Parents and caregivers of children who have autism: (Put these titles in your search bar)

ARI - Autism Research Institute

ASA - Autism Society of America

NICHCY - National Information Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities

Sensory Integration Training

Book: The Sound of a Miracle The Georgiana Institute

www.RightHealth.com/autism

The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act

Early intervention worked very well for my child. You can have her screened at the local school for special needs and special early classes. I think my child was four when she went or maybe 31/2.

Rocking is good for them.

Don't ever let anyone try to make them stop.

Don't listen to negative doctors who don't have any experience treating Autism.

Food coloring especially Red was really bad for my daughter.

Keeping notes on behavior and what took place before it happens is helpful.

Taking them off of certain foods, such as bread for a while might help.

Vitamins are essential.

You have to become an advocate, become educated and informed, go against the grain, study vaccination safety, study food additives, study cases and other parents feedbacks by going online all the time.... doctors dont really know much really, parent are the ones who are at the leading edge of information.

PLEASE seek therapy. Parenting an autistic child is not something you want to do alone...it takes a whole village to raise a child.....you need someone to talk to who is a professional.

It is also helpful to get a psychologist or psychiatrist for your child.

When I saw your post I looked again to see if you lived in a remote part of the world. There are autism support groups everywhere-google Autism and you will find them. Talk to special ed teachers, as well as any service proivders working with your daughter and they can give you referrals to parent organizations.

I tried Robyn's addy but it won't go. Please contact me at micah89701 AT yahoo.com for answers to questions I have about high-functioning aspergers young adults. Believe I might have two grandchildren who are suffering from this. They are cousins, offspring of sisters.

I have two children with autism, a girl, 5 and a boy 8. I hope I can help with this:

I own an online support group at www.care2.com. The site (care2) is a petition site, however, you can avoid signing those and just join groups that interest you. They have everything you can think of, from a to z. My group is called:

http://www.care2.com/c2c/group/autismreality It is called Autism: Research, Resources, and Reality (I call it 'triple R'). We are a good bunch, we offer advice, comfort, cheers, and discuss things in the news...and sometimes we just vent. I've done that there myself.

If you have troubles signing up, or don't want to but still just want to talk, my private Emails are:

Autismx2@gmail.com and Autismmom00@care2.com

Just put 'autism' in the subject line, as I do not open Email from those E mail addys I do not know.

My name is Kris, and if I can help at all, I would be glad to.

I did a quick search and found this link:

http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=u ... =autism%20support%20groups&type=

I am a Wisconsin mom with four boys. My 12 year old has a mild form of autism called Asperger's syndrome, my nine and six year olds have classic autism, and I have a six month old son who we are praying won't be on the spectrum at all. You are not alone Rosemarie, and I hope you take comfort in that.

I have a 12 year old son who has Aspergers Syndrome. He was not diagnosed until he was 11. We went throught lots with him...I won't go into the details here. I have found lots of help through CARD (Centers for Autisic Related Disorders). I don't know if you have a chapter in your area, but if you do, check them out. They are live face to face people who have helped us tremendously, especially with the school system. They can also put you in touch with others in your area who are dealing with the same issues you are. Good Luck!

Honey just look in the phone book and try Easter seals in your neck of the woods. Also ask at school if there are parents of special needs. I have a beautiful 6 yr old little girl who is autistic and non verbal and means the world to me. So good luck, we are here and not too far away.

Parenting an Autistic Child, Diamond shaped traffic sign warning, autistic child area.
Parenting an Autistic Child
Parenting Grade Schooler AdviceJanuary 21, 2009
Writing a child support check.
Paying Back Child Support
child support paperwork
Are Siblings Accountable for Back Child Support?
Child Support Money
Paying Child Support
support hose with red shoes
Wearing Support Hose
🎄
🍂