Stuffed denim shelf dinosaurs for room accents.
Approximate Time: 7 days
- denim scraps
- sewing needles
- 8" needle
- sewing machine
- polyfill for stuffing
- eyelet ruffle lace
- crochet cotton
- fabric marking pen
- fishing line
- buttons for eyes
- Freehand draw or trace dinosaur pictures from a coloring book. Enlarge by hand, if desired.
- Trace and cut dinosaur body, head, and leg pieces onto denim and cut out. I had an old pattern, so I used that.
- Sew, clip curves, and stuff.
- Sew the legs and wings onto the dinosaurs with sturdy fishing line or crochet cotton.
- Use buttons to secure the legs.
- Sew buttons on for eyes.
- Be sure to add embellishments like the lace, ruffles, etc. as desired.
- For the Pterodactyl wings, use batting to give it some dimension and hand quilt if desired.
This project is for intermediate sewing.
By Monica from Cortez, CO
May 23, 20110 found this helpful
Super cute. Yay!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 9, 2016 at 4:25:59 AM on 10.0.2.212 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us