Ideas for a Successful Farmer's Market

I would just like to know what other people do to make a farmer's market successful. I need ideas and this seems to be the only informative site for everything.

Thank you!

By Nikki from ID

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Hi I hope this links gives you some help

http://www.ehow  p;utm_source=ask

I think the poster wants to know about a farmer's market which is different than a flea market. I sold this year at the farmer's market, mostly baked goods but since I am kind of new at it, I really don't have any tips.

Tips at being successful at a farmer's market:

1. There are probably many farmer's markets in your area, go to the one which has the highest attendance.

2. Sell products which other vendors do not have. I have been very successful with potted herbs, canned pickles, salsa and pesto, and produce which is ready when other growers have finished. (i.e. plant things LATER than your competitors.)

3. Love what you are doing. Your products and produce will reflect the love you give it (them) and your customers will see it!

4. Visual is everything. Your whole vendor area should be as clean and organized as possible. Grow produce things which are visually attractive, so for example; if you are growing basil in pots, rinse all dirt off the pots and leaves. If the leaves shine, they walk away!

5. Friendliness to customers, but if busy, nicely say "have a nice day" and go to the next customer.

Better Living Green Living Shopping FoodSeptember 21, 2010
Photo of organic vegetables from a farmers market.
Shopping at a Farmers Market
Fresh Herbs on Wooden Table
Preparing Fresh Herbs
Fresh strawberries in a jar with a colander in the background.
Canning Strawberries
Farmer Costume
Making a Farmer Costume
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 31, 2017 at 12:10:09 PM on 10.0.1.57 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.