FoodShopping

Ideas for a Successful Farmer's Market

I would just like to know what other people do to make a farmer's market successful. I need ideas and this seems to be the only informative site for everything.

Thank you!

By Nikki from ID

Hi I hope this links gives you some help

http://www.ehow … p;utm_source=ask

I think the poster wants to know about a farmer's market which is different than a flea market. I sold this year at the farmer's market, mostly baked goods but since I am kind of new at it, I really don't have any tips.

Tips at being successful at a farmer's market:

1. There are probably many farmer's markets in your area, go to the one which has the highest attendance.

2. Sell products which other vendors do not have. I have been very successful with potted herbs, canned pickles, salsa and pesto, and produce which is ready when other growers have finished. (i.e. plant things LATER than your competitors.)

3. Love what you are doing. Your products and produce will reflect the love you give it (them) and your customers will see it!

4. Visual is everything. Your whole vendor area should be as clean and organized as possible. Grow produce things which are visually attractive, so for example; if you are growing basil in pots, rinse all dirt off the pots and leaves. If the leaves shine, they walk away!

5. Friendliness to customers, but if busy, nicely say "have a nice day" and go to the next customer.