Insulate With Rugs as Wall Art

Hang a large rug (as art) on a wall that faces the outside of your home to help save energy and help keep out noise. A rug will also help keep a bedroom quiet if hung on an inside wall.

This is especially helpful for those of us who live in mobile homes because the bedroom walls are so thin. I hung a new 100% wool rug on a north facing wall to help with energy saving in the winter, and on a south facing wall in my bedroom to help keep out summer heat. This has saved me quite a bit of energy.

For extra floor insulation a large rug can be placed on top of your wall to wall carpet, and smaller washable rugs help insulate a bare kitchen floor. You will get added insulation if you put a rug pad behind the rugs.

By Cyinda

I like your ideal we too live in an old trailer. My daughter who is autistic had a fit (big time last week in august) she kicked the walls and made big holes in the walls and also killed the door so hubby who is into demolation redid the walls and door in her room on the first day of school. Also just this past week or too lay-off right now went and put another panel in her room over some of her walls. Now they are solid and we also did the rug in the kitchen too. (have to get a new one the dog killed the other one by puking all over the old rug (really old) but the floor of the kitchen was warm and such. Hubby also went and sealed alot around the outside of the trailer too. We were warm this winter too.

What a nice idea. I too, live in a mobile home and have found that even with new tilt in windows there's always allot of noise that comes through.

I will do the hanging this coming winter so I can move my bed back onto the north wall. I had to move the bed because the wall was so bitter cold.

Thank you for suggesting this.

What kind of rug did you buy for the wall?

Frames on a wall.
Saving Money on Wall Art
Home and Garden Home Improvement InsulationApril 30, 2009
Repurposing Calendar Pictures
Repurposing Calendar Pictures
Young boy sitting on a step ladder cleaning a wall.
Homemade Wall Cleaner Recipes
Throw Rug
Cleaning Throw Rugs
Downward photo of an area rug in a lobby
Cleaning Area Rugs
🎄