Repurposing Calendar Pictures

Want some inexpensive picture frames for your decor, but don't want the expense? Save your calendars and select florals, scenes, etc. to accommodate your living decor. You may have to crop and cut them to fit behind the 5 x 7 and 8 x 10 inch opening mattes. Buy cheap frames and you have your own inexpensive artwork. Great in groups of three in a hallway, etc. You will be able to afford to change them with the seasons for a different look! These make nice little friendship, hostess, or housewarming gifts too.

Note: I would not suggest selling these for profit as there might be copyright laws involved.

By linn from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia

6 More Tips

Share a TipCheck out these tips or, if you have something to add to this page, click to share your own tip!

If I don't already have enough similar pictures as screen savers, I scan the calendar photos onto my computer. Then, this morning, I took them to an elementary school. The lady at the office desk was pleased to take them and thought the teachers and kids would like them.

Need to decorate in a bad way but have almost no money to spare? If you want to perk up those bare walls with artwork here's what you do.

Do you want to recycle old calendars and make your home look good? Here's what I did. My husband is a railroader and had a calendar with trains on it. The pictures were wonderful.

Can I transfer thick, textured calendar pictures onto canvas? If so, do I do a magazine picture transfer with gel medium or modge podge?

Thank you.

Answers

Best Answer

The best way is with a gel medium. You'll need to apply this to your canvas. When wet place your image on the canvas face down. Allow it to dry completely. Now use a wet sponge to dampen the image and remove it from the canvas.

Best Answer

I think Modge Podge would work well, too.

Best Answer

I have also used matte medium to do this process. Just get it all good and wet and let it dry thoroughly and should be no problem

Answer this Question

Here is a nice, inexpensive, but still good-looking holiday gift. It's also a good way to recycle old calendar pages.

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.
In These Pages
Better Living Green Living ReusingDecember 28, 2015
😷
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf53843168.tip.html