Instead of buying a new box springs, I ripped the old cover and padding off of our current box springs. I padded the box springs with polyester padding and a padded bedspread. I used plastic tie down strips to anchor the padding to the springs. Then I used a staple gun to attach the padding and cover to the frame. I saved us a few hundred dollars by doing this myself and not having to buy a new one. The box springs was in excellent condition. The cover and padding were ruined. My husband was very proud of me for doing this and saving us so much money.
Way to go Linda!:) I always admire clever people like yourself!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!