Repair Your Box Spring Instead Of Replacing

Instead of buying a new box springs, I ripped the old cover and padding off of our current box springs. I padded the box springs with polyester padding and a padded bedspread. I used plastic tie down strips to anchor the padding to the springs. Then I used a staple gun to attach the padding and cover to the frame. I saved us a few hundred dollars by doing this myself and not having to buy a new one. The box springs was in excellent condition. The cover and padding were ruined. My husband was very proud of me for doing this and saving us so much money.

By Linda from Arlington, TX

Way to go Linda!:) I always admire clever people like yourself!

Wow. It never occurred to me that a person could re-do their own box spring. What a clever idea.

uncovered box spring mattress
Repairing a Box Spring Mattress
Home and Garden Repair Furniture BedsSeptember 13, 2007
Spring floral wall bucket using artificial flowers.
Homemade Spring Decorations
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Dried Wreath With Crocus Flower
Homemade Spring Wreaths