Bags that Comforters, Drapes and Tablecloths Come In

I need some ideas for uses for the plastic bags that drapes and tablecloths come in. They are square and zippered. I have also gotten comforters in them. I do reuse them for storing the comforters but I have found I have a few from drapes and they seem too good to throw away, but I can't think what to do with them.

Thanks,
Timmie from St. Louis, MO

I use mine to store all of our extra sheets, tablecloths with matching placemats, etc. I like that they can stack in my linen closet and it keeps them together, and they don't get the nasty smell that the plastic storage bins gives. I can't throw those bags away, either!

I have a huge amount of toys for my grandchildren (and other little visitors) to play with. Many are the small variety......little cars........little people........toys from McDonald happy meals...etc. I semi-sorted the toys according to type and put each group in one of the clear, heavy, zippered bags and then just tossed the bags into the big toy box. We have bags of dinosauers, bags of plastic BUGS, bags of little dolls, bags of little people, bags of farm animals, bags of Nascar cars, bags of horses and cowboys, bags of soldiers, etc.etc. Each child usually has a particular favorite so they can grab "their" bag and dump it on the floor instead of digging down through the toybox searching for that one toy they remember. Of course sometimes it's fun to just dig through the whole toybox to see what treasures are at the bottom and that's okay too. Those zippered bags are sturdy and easy for little hands to grasp and they can see their favorites at a glance.

My daughter used to use one of these bags to send my granddaughter's naptime pillow and blanket to school for the week when she was in kindergarten. This helps reduce the chance of the children passing lice back and forth.

Store your seasonal silk flowers & greenery.

I use them for extra sheets, blankets, etc. But also this year I had extra bags from purchasing new drapes so I used them to store Christmas decorations.

As a knitter and crocheter I use the bags in different sizes to store the pattern, yarn, hooks or needles of the 2-3 projects in progress. This keeps them all together as well as keeping them cleaner.

lindajo xmission

I like to keep a blanket or two in my car during winter incase of emergencies these are goos for that it keeps them clean and compact. Also good in summer for beach towels etc.

I use them to put tools in them so i can hang them up. It is easyer to find things.

I use the small ones for tolitries when we go on vacation. We go camping, so the big ones hold clothes, coats, blankets etc.

I use them to put shoes into that we aren't wearing at present. Like another season.

About.com has a page for the use of plastic bags

I didn't want that Hodge-Podge look I've always had with this container and that, so I began to save those zippered bags until I had enough to place all my extra linens in, complete with a large label inside

to let me know from the outside just what size each was. It is absolutely GREAT for my huge linen/sewing closet, all similar in type, so the size and shape didn't matter so much.

I like to use different containers only for a particular item, like old plastic string pulled beach bags for zippers/lace/elastic, and an old collection of cheap clear plastic shoe boxes for patterns/ribbons/patches/cloth tape/doll clothes/embroidery thread and hoops/misc. I have an old small metal box with drawers for buttons/snaps/etc. this way I don't have to look so hard for whatever I need, should I ever need them.

They would not make good attic storage since the temperature fluctuates there. I'd advise keeping them for indoor closets.

I don't have too many blankets to store since it's Winter, but I will keep saving those clear zippered ones for the blankets in the Summer because I can truly keep them fresh smelling/clean/labeled, and stacked well high on their own shelves. You can't go wrong saving and using them, believe me.

God bless you. : )

My family has always used this types of bags for storing sweaters, jackets, etc. in the summer months. Especially sweaters or other clothing that you don't want moths or crickets to possibly eat up. These types of bags work really well for this.

I use those for hot wheels, fast food toys, and all the other little odds and ends that my son has collected over the last few years that always seemed to get lost in his toyboxes. I just fill them up and put them under the bed or in the closet, which actually helps save money on new toys as well because then he forgets he has them so when he gets bored with the toys that are out, I can just pull out the bags and he acts like they're all new toys. I actually got this from my mother who used to periodically store about half our toys then when we got bored, she would just switch them out.

I use one for our 'football game' bag. I store stadium blankets, gloves and hats (and extras for friends who forget theirs), seat cushions, binoculars, ponchos for rain and snow, chapstick and anything else that seems to be essential. We grab it and go!

I use mine for when I'm traveling for toiletries and to keep things together in the suitcase like socks, underwear.

I also put shoes in them so the shoes won't get on the clothes.

How about taking them with you to the pool or beach to bring back wet bathing suits and/or towels?

If you don't want those old Nascar cars, I'll take one of the #3 car. How much do you want for one?

Please respond!

hearts1@cox.net

When my daughter was young we used one for her barbies and furniture and another to corral the giant Lego blocks.

Now I use them to store material, and other sheets and blankets for dust free storage.

Uses for Zippered Sheet, Blanket and Comforter Bags
Organizing AdviceJanuary 7, 2007
Using a plastic tablecloth as a picnic blanket.
Uses for Plastic Tablecloths
White Folder Comforter
Cleaning Comforters
Light colored drapes.
Removing Wrinkles from Curtains and Drapes
Dining table with a nice tablecloth.
Saving Money on Tablecloths
🎉
🎄