Uses for Zippered Sheet, Blanket and Comforter Bags

Category Reusing

There are many ways to reuse these clear bags for storage. This guide is about uses for zippered sheet, blanket and comforter bags.

At times we buy sheets,shower curtains, or cloth curtains, and most of these items come in very tough little plastic envelopes - some with zippers, some with snaps. I save all of these and use them to store pencils, hosiery, rollers, sewing needs, the list is endless. Because I save all of these, I always have the right size. I place them on a shelf and I can see clearly what I need.

By letageraldine from Tucson, AZ

I always save the clear zippered bags that sheets, comforters, etc. come in to use for storing sweaters in the summer, children's puzzles, toys, heirloom baby clothes, or anything that comes to mind. Great storage for just about anything!

By vguy from Earle, AR

Save the zippered bags that linens and drapes come in to keep knitting and crocheted projects in that are in various stages of completion. It is easy to see the contents of the bag, unlike a box or other container.

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO

I save the plastic packages that my sheet sets and comforters come in. They have zippers and I use them to store everything from my sewing supplies, laces, fabric, hair rollers and other comforters after I launder them. They store well and you can see what inside.

By Lynda from Kearny NJ

Save the zippered plastic bags that bedding and curtains come in to store or organize items. My young grandchildren often need a clean change of clothes when we are on the go. I pack complete extra outfits (including underwear and socks) for them in the small bags. They work perfectly. The bags are sturdy and reusable. I use the bigger bags (the type comforters come in) to store Christmas paper, other occasion wrapping paper, ribbons, tags etc in, when I need to wrap a gift it is all in one place.

By cinnamon from Williams Lake, BC

I have both a girl and a boy, with lots of toys and a lot of parts. I always save the plastic zip-up tote bags that sheets and comforters come in. I ended up using them to store barbie dolls, baby doll accesories, toy trains, etc. It works great. There free, and easy for the kids to find there toys quick and put them even faster.

By Nicole from Waldorf, Maryland

Save those sheet zipper bags for storing your Christmas decorations.

I need some ideas for uses for the plastic bags that drapes and tablecloths come in. They are square and zippered. I have also gotten comforters in them. I do reuse them for storing the comforters but I have found I have a few from drapes and they seem too good to throw away, but I can't think what to do with them.

Thanks,
Timmie from St. Louis, MO

Answers

I use mine to store all of our extra sheets, tablecloths with matching placemats, etc. I like that they can stack in my linen closet and it keeps them together, and they don't get the nasty smell that the plastic storage bins gives. I can't throw those bags away, either!

I have a huge amount of toys for my grandchildren (and other little visitors) to play with. Many are the small variety......little cars........little people........toys from McDonald happy meals...etc. I semi-sorted the toys according to type and put each group in one of the clear, heavy, zippered bags and then just tossed the bags into the big toy box. We have bags of dinosauers, bags of plastic BUGS, bags of little dolls, bags of little people, bags of farm animals, bags of Nascar cars, bags of horses and cowboys, bags of soldiers, etc.etc. Each child usually has a particular favorite so they can grab "their" bag and dump it on the floor instead of digging down through the toybox searching for that one toy they remember. Of course sometimes it's fun to just dig through the whole toybox to see what treasures are at the bottom and that's okay too. Those zippered bags are sturdy and easy for little hands to grasp and they can see their favorites at a glance.

My daughter used to use one of these bags to send my granddaughter's naptime pillow and blanket to school for the week when she was in kindergarten. This helps reduce the chance of the children passing lice back and forth.

Store your seasonal silk flowers & greenery.

I use them for extra sheets, blankets, etc. But also this year I had extra bags from purchasing new drapes so I used them to store Christmas decorations.

As a knitter and crocheter I use the bags in different sizes to store the pattern, yarn, hooks or needles of the 2-3 projects in progress. This keeps them all together as well as keeping them cleaner.
lindajo xmission

I like to keep a blanket or two in my car during winter incase of emergencies these are goos for that it keeps them clean and compact. Also good in summer for beach towels etc.

I use them to put tools in them so i can hang them up. It is easyer to find things.

I use the small ones for tolitries when we go on vacation. We go camping, so the big ones hold clothes, coats, blankets etc.

I use them to put shoes into that we aren't wearing at present. Like another season.

About.com has a page for the use of plastic bags

I didn't want that Hodge-Podge look I've always had with this container and that, so I began to save those zippered bags until I had enough to place all my extra linens in, complete with a large label inside
to let me know from the outside just what size each was. It is absolutely GREAT for my huge linen/sewing closet, all similar in type, so the size and shape didn't matter so much.

I like to use different containers only for a particular item, like old plastic string pulled beach bags for zippers/lace/elastic, and an old collection of cheap clear plastic shoe boxes for patterns/ribbons/patches/cloth tape/doll clothes/embroidery thread and hoops/misc. I have an old small metal box with drawers for buttons/snaps/etc. this way I don't have to look so hard for whatever I need, should I ever need them.

They would not make good attic storage since the temperature fluctuates there. I'd advise keeping them for indoor closets.

I don't have too many blankets to store since it's Winter, but I will keep saving those clear zippered ones for the blankets in the Summer because I can truly keep them fresh smelling/clean/labeled, and stacked well high on their own shelves. You can't go wrong saving and using them, believe me.

God bless you. : )

My family has always used this types of bags for storing sweaters, jackets, etc. in the summer months. Especially sweaters or other clothing that you don't want moths or crickets to possibly eat up. These types of bags work really well for this.

I use those for hot wheels, fast food toys, and all the other little odds and ends that my son has collected over the last few years that always seemed to get lost in his toyboxes. I just fill them up and put them under the bed or in the closet, which actually helps save money on new toys as well because then he forgets he has them so when he gets bored with the toys that are out, I can just pull out the bags and he acts like they're all new toys. I actually got this from my mother who used to periodically store about half our toys then when we got bored, she would just switch them out.

I use one for our 'football game' bag. I store stadium blankets, gloves and hats (and extras for friends who forget theirs), seat cushions, binoculars, ponchos for rain and snow, chapstick and anything else that seems to be essential. We grab it and go!

I use mine for when I'm traveling for toiletries and to keep things together in the suitcase like socks, underwear.

I also put shoes in them so the shoes won't get on the clothes.

How about taking them with you to the pool or beach to bring back wet bathing suits and/or towels?

If you don't want those old Nascar cars, I'll take one of the #3 car. How much do you want for one?

Please respond!

hearts1@cox.net

When my daughter was young we used one for her barbies and furniture and another to corral the giant Lego blocks.

Now I use them to store material, and other sheets and blankets for dust free storage.

Forgive me if this question has been asked before, but I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how they re-use the packaging that curtains come in? They are thick plastic and have a zipper at the top. I have used the large ones to store blankets and clothing. This time I have small ones (smaller than a sheet of paper). Just looking for ideas and suggestions to spark my own imagination. Thanks.

By khilde80 from SD

Answers

My husband keeps a small zipper bag in the truck that holds his reference book he uses often. I've used them to store many things in so they won't get lost and need to be kept together like my pet clipper attachments. Some of these bags have a hole in the end to hang on a hook or nail which is convenient too. They're also useful for keeping bathing supplies in when taking a trip.

I have a lot of the small bags that sheets come in from Wal-Mart, they snap and some have elastic. I would like to know if anyone has a craft idea to use them for. They are the ones that the sheet sets or just single sheets are folded tightly in. Any ideas would be appreciated.

By Deborah M

I reuse bags from Blanket, Sheets and Comforters to store items in my garage. They often are clear which allows you to see what's inside them. They also stack pretty well.

- Al

Answers:

Reuse Sheet, Blanket and Comforter Bags

I also use them at yard sales to put sets of things in like toy sets in and tape the zipper so children cannot separate them, etc. (07/07/2004)

By Tawnda

Plastic Blanket Covers

I save the plastic covers that come with new blankets, down comforters, etc. and use them to store other items. I especially like the fact that they have a zipper.

By Lisa T. (09/30/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Reuse Sheet, Blanket and Comforter Bags

I like to use them to store summer clothes in. They hold a great many summer shirts and calf length pants. (10/07/2004)

By patsAZ

Reuse Sheet, Blanket and Comforter Bags

I recently went camping with our youth group at church and took my 4 yr old girl with us and we packed her entire weekend wardrobe within the see through bag a blanket had come in, and she was able to see it all at once. She chose to use the clear zippered blanket bag over all her more expensive Barbie/Dora and other backpacks. I may put a few cute stickers on it and keep it around awhile! (10/12/2004)

By Juli

Reuse Sheet, Blanket and Comforter Bags

We used to keep our winter emergency kit for the car in one. It made it easy to keep everything together and see what needed to be replaced. (11/18/2004)

By calnorth

I save the clear, zippered bags that so many things come in. I use the smaller ones for my applique projects, the larger one to store my quilt materials.

By Diane

Answers:

Reusing Zippered Bags For Crafts

Those zippered bags are also great for camping trips. I store an outfit for each day in a bag and then I can grab the whole thing on the way to the shower. I also do that for traveling so I don't have to haul a suitcase into the motel every night. The small ones are also great for sample size toiletries to place in each clothing bag. (05/05/2005)

By Annie

Reusing Zippered Bags For Crafts

I use the large ones that comforters come in to store the comforter or other blankets off season. I use the small ones that pillowcases come in to store my ceramic curlers and to carry cosmetics, other small travel items. I carry an empty one for my worn underwear coming back. This is especially good when you need to go through customs- If the inspector can just look into the plastic bags, rather than opening and rummaging around, it's less intrusive and goes faster. (05/09/2005)

By Claudia

Reusing Zippered Bags For Crafts

Since i have been in bad health over the last couple of years I have one bag with "undies" and one bag of toiletries just in case I end up in the hospital and my husband has to bring me different items. Now all he has to do is go to the "hospital" drawer and grab the two little bags and bring them to me. (12/04/2005)

By Starr

Save all of those new clear plastic bedding bags from your holiday gifts. I have done this for years and used them mainly for groups of toys. You could also use them for a number of other things such as; out of season clothing, bedding, kitchen or bath supplies, etc. They are convienient since you can easily see what you are grabbing (especially for children) and they are not as ridged as store-bought plastic containers that take up unused space. Karaof4 from Minnesota

Answers:

Clear Plastic Bedding Bags

I use them all the time as well. Right now I have a small one (from sheets) in the diaper bag holding three 'just in case' sleepers, one pillowcase sized one holding a pair of pj's for my older daughter as well. The plastic is handy in case a bottle or cream leaks, they will be protected. I have different ones holding separate craft supplies for different projects that my daughter works on (she's nearly five). It keeps everything in one place and can easily be packed up again. I have another holding batteries in a drawer. I have two rotating ones filled with CD's for the car, small enough to fit in the console. We have a Rubbermaid box filled with pillowcase sized bags filled with puzzle pieces. I cut the photo of the puzzle out and placed it in the bag with the pieces. Great to store since they take up less room than the boxes and I can grab one to go if we are going to the doctor or visiting. (02/01/2005)

By Alexandra