Foot Odor On Couch

How do you get foot odor out of a couch? My in-laws were staying with us, and they had the stinkiest feet. They slept on my couch and now I can't get it out. What should I do?

Ashley from MO

Do you have or can you get a shampooer? If not I'd dust it real well with baking soda when nobody is home (or at night) to sit on it. After the soda has set for a few hours I'd brush it in some and vac. If it has cushions that can be taken outside that would help

Ashley: Stop by your local health food store and buy a small amount of Yucca powder. Add 1 TBS of the powder to 1 qt. of purified water and shake well to disolve. Put mixture in a sprayer and spray on the source of the odor. This eliminates ALL odors, including cat urine. If the odor is really, really bad you may have to spray in 2-4 times to completely eliminate. Remember to spray directly on the source.

Have you tried febreeze? Might take several applications, but it should help.

You need a product called Odorzout. It's all natural,safe around family and pets, and actually gets RID of the odor not just cover it up. You just sprinkle on the area and let it sit for 24 hours and it absorbs the smell. Then you simply vacuum it up. This stuff is awesome!!! Look up 88Stink.com. Best I've ever found.

Get a gallon of OdoBan at Sam's Club. It makes 32 gallons.

Take a spray bottle, fill 1/4 full of OdoBan and the rest water. Spray the courch really well, until wet. As long as OdoBan touches the object, the odor is permanently gone. Spray tennis shoes with it, mop your floors, clean bathroom with it. It does't cover an odor, it completely gets rid of it. I got rid of skunk odor by mixing it half and half. Great for diaper pails, washing down walls, etc. Many restaurants use it to clean the odor of food off the walls. A capful in the rinse water of your washer, will take all odor out of clothes and actss as a softner. I've used it for years and it replaces many products. Jo Ann, Sarasota, Florida.

It worked!! I was reluctant that the OdoBan would work but I thoroughly and generously sprayed my couch before bed and I smelled nothing but clean the next morning and the couch was dry with no residue. Thank you for letting us know about this stuff!!!

Someone had a major wee wee accident spending the night on my sofa and it smelled awful ... I used Febreeze. The odor was gone with only two applications and Febreeze ingredients are fabric and environment safe.

I would wipe with soap and white vinegar then air outside when you bring it in. Use your Febreeze (it really works well)

Good luck.

"How Clean Is Your House" (on BBC) recommends sprinkling baking soda on fabric, rub with fingers, vacuum and then sprinkle crushed potpourri on it and let set for several hours.

Do not use on silk.

Real simple! Sprinkle the sofa with baking soda before you go to bed. Next morning vacuum well. Most other things just mask the odor not eliminate it. It also works on your carpet overnight.

older couch
Removing Odors from a Couch
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureSeptember 11, 2008
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub, An old claw foot tub outside.
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
Two bare feet.
Homemade Foot Powder
🎉
🎄