Flavoring Dishes With Butter

I'd like to flavor a fried cabbage and onions dish with butter, but do the actual cooking with olive oil. How little butter can I use at the very end and still give it some flavor? Any opinions?

Holly from Richardson, TX

I personally like to use buttery flavored cooking spray. I've heard it may be sprayed on popcorn or veggies for a buttery (but less fatty) flavor. There is also an olive oil spray. Wonder if a combo of them would get the result you seek. Guess experimenting in the kitchen is the answer. Enjoy!

How about butter flavoring/extract? It's really good to add a rich buttery flavor to all kinds of dishes and baked goods, so it might be worth a try. I'm an Independent Watkins Associate, and Watkins is known to have one of the largest selections of extracts and flavorings (some of the more interesting ones being Cherry, Mango, Orange, Peach, Peanut Butter, Raspberry, and Strawberry). Of course our Double-Strength Vanilla is the most popular (specially formulated with a low-alcohol content, so the flavor doesn't bake or freeze out).

If you'd like a catalog, let me know, or you can browse online at http://www.WatkinsOnline.com.

Trudy Powell

Independent Watkins Assoc. #357561

trudypowell@sbcglobal.net (request a catalog)

Hi Holly.

I use about one TBLS of butter when I cook Cabbage that way. I allso like to leave the butter out and put in the same amount of low fat cream cheese. Or even sour cream. How ever you cook it try grating some nut meg onto the cabbage while its cooking.

Good luck. Peter. In New Zealand

Cooking With Butter
Cooking With Butter
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsMarch 2, 2006
cooking oil
Stretching Butter With Oil
Butter in Foil Wrapper
Reusing Butter Wrappers
Jar of peanut butter surrounded by peanuts.
Homemade Peanut Butter Recipes
corn with real butter
Benefits of Using Real Butter