Fixing a Reversed Phone Line

I have a phone line in my house that when I put a tester on it it reads that the line is reversed. I read on the internet that one reversed line will work fine but the other phone lines in the house are dead. What do I need to do to fix this problem? I want the other phone lines working in my house. Thank you.

By Kelly from WI

First check the connections at the outside phone box to make sure they are connected right. Then go to the first phone jack closest to the phone box and check it. Then go to the next closest phone box and check it. And so on and so on. Wires are turned somewhere. Not knowing where just means you start at the beginning and check, and if you have to redo, all the lines.

Home and Garden Repair HomeJanuary 5, 2010
Home Phone
Cleaning Home Phones
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
Cell Phone User Making call with Card
Saving Money on Phone Cards
Stack of Old Phone Books
Uses for Old Phone Books