Scenery: My Grandparents' House

I have two photos, both of the same home. One was taken many years ago, and the second one, much more recent. They are of my grandparents home in Canon City, CO where they lived during a part of their life, as they raised their 6 children.

My aunt said they moved away from there, to Kansas, but she was not sure of the date. She is 81, and was either not born yet, or just a baby. It seems they made some pretty good homes back then, as my grandparents were born in the late 1800s, and all their children were born in the early part of the 1900s.

Source: Family photos

By ljf (Loretta) from Theodore, Alabama

Scenery: My Grandparents' House

That is remarkable. I bet you cherish those pictures.The house hasn't changed that much on the outside.

You should make a copy of the first picture for the current occupents. I'll bet they would love it.

Very good idea, sure wish I had pictures of my grandmother's home also wish some of the family would have stayed in her home. It were torn down before I heard about it,now there's new homes all over her farm land. Makes me very sad to drive by her place. She had 300 acres near Dothan Al, good luck.

We all need to hear more stories of family continuity like yours!

Oops, forgot to mention something: hubby and I live in the home he inherited from his great-aunt and -uncle. It's nearly 150 years old now, and still solid. Also, this home is so suffused with the love of the "old folks," it's become a haven of peace for me, too. Hubby and I and this old house are together "until death us do part."

Photos FamilyAugust 28, 2009
Someone dusting the corner of a room with a duster.
Keeping Your House Dusted
Whistler Peak
British Columbia Frugal Travel Guide
Colorado
Colorado Frugal Travel Information and Photos
Jamaica Beach
Jamaica Travel Tips - Frugal Travel Guide
🎄
🍂