Panty Hose on Vacuum Wand When Dusting

To dust knick knacks, jewelry stands, books, and other precious items, I stretch a leg of an old pair of pantyhose over the end of the vacuum cleaner wand, then clean away. The dust gets sucked up, but the smaller, delicate items stay safe. If the end of the wand gets a fluff buildup, (OK, I'm not the world's most diligent dust-buster), I just pull the pantyhose around to a clean spot. When I've finished, I wash the pantyhose.

By Magicalmarilyn from Millstream, western Australia

Just another thought, If you wear contact lenses and drop one, put a pantyhose on the vacuum hose and maybe you will find it.

You have no idea how many contacts I've found this way. It's a great way to search for earring backs or if you've ever lost a stone from a ring too.

Dusting Delicate Items
Dusting Delicate Items
Home and Garden Cleaning DustingSeptember 17, 2009
Making Your Own Panty Liners
Panty Liners
Cleaning a Stuck Panty Liner From Clothing
Old Vacuum Cleaner and Hose
Repairing a Torn Vacuum Cleaner Hose
Upclose photo of beige carpet.
Cleaning Carpets Without a Vacuum