Dusting Delicate Items

Category Miscellaneous
Finding the best way to dust your fragile knick-knacks and plants helps keep them beautiful. This page is about dusting delicate items.

To dust knick knacks, jewelry stands, books, and other precious items, I stretch a leg of an old pair of pantyhose over the end of the vacuum cleaner wand, then clean away. The dust gets sucked up, but the smaller, delicate items stay safe. If the end of the wand gets a fluff buildup, (OK, I'm not the world's most diligent dust-buster), I just pull the pantyhose around to a clean spot. When I've finished, I wash the pantyhose.

Source:

By Marilyn King from Millstream, western Australia

Use a natural-bristle clean paintbrush to get into difficult cleaning spaces like nooks and crannies. This will make cleaning delicate or small knickknacks much less time-consuming.

By Irishwitch from Aurora, CO

To clean dust on your African Violets, artificial flowers, knick-knacks buy a small soft bristle brush and dust with that, It's great for the African violet being that the plant does not like to be touched. The job gets done a lot faster.

By Christine B.

Editor's Note: African Violets don't like water on their leaves either so make sure to water them from the bottom.

When dusting items with little crevices, I use a clean dry paintbrush reserved just for dusting. Works great in small spaces.

By Truerblue

Answers:

Dusting Crevices

I use Dust-Off compressed-gas duster to clean all the hard to reach crevices, like the corner of my bookcase shelves. (07/20/2007)

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousDecember 26, 2012
🎉

Generated 2019-12-27 15:46:54 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️