ElectronicsCleaning

Ink on a Flat Panel Monitor

Category Electronics

How do I get ink off a flat computer screen?

David from Brampton

According to my "Computer Geek" friends and husband, the best thing to do is to try just a really soft, damp (with water) cloth (the cloth type baby wipes work wonders too) and lightly rub the screen. Don't apply pressure and don't use anything abrasive as either of those things can cause damage.

If after this there are still marks on your screen, you can use a solution of 1 part 20% rubbing alcohol to 2 parts water. Basically you're just looking for a highly diluted solution. 25% windex to the rest water would work also.

Hope this helps. ^_^

My five year old just did this to my laptop screen and I used the Mr. Clean magic eraser that you can get in the check out line in Target (or I'm assuming the cleaning supplies aisle) and it took it off right away.

Magic eraser is awsome! Thanks a million!

Betsy P

Thank you so much fantastic idea worked a treat.

After my 3 yr old grandson did the same thing, a search led me here. I used the magic eraser and it worked like "magic". Thanks for the help.

AWESOME - Magic Eraser worked like a charm. Thanks!!

Once again and so simple....magic eraser!

I used a baby wipe cloth; moist from the package and it removed 99% of the ink from my granddaughters drawing on my flat panel LCD screen.

I tried a baby wipe, but it didn't work. I didn't have a magic eraser and I was pressed for time (was at my mother-in-laws...:{). My youngest daughter, which she usually gets away with murder, wrote on her computer screen. So, when all else fells, use your fingernails.

My two year old wrote on my flat screen monitor with PERM marker. I used lighter fluid to remove it. Did not take alot of effort and seems not to have damaged the monitor either. Hope this helps.

I used a baby wipe and it took all of it off. Very little pressure needed.

the magic eraser did the trick!

After reading these posts I used a thumb nail and a baby wipe together - worked a treat! Thanks!

I used a baby wipe and it worked wonders!

A baby wipe and a little elbow grease got it off mine. Wish I could say the same for the desk!

We used moonshine ha ha for real.

Baby wipe DID NOT work. A tinsy bit of SCOTCH (in the cabinet next to the monitor-didn't have rubbing alcohol nearby). Worked like a charm.

Toothpaste worked wonders! One of my daughters drew circles with a pen on my computer monitor and with a dab of toothpaste it wiped right off. No harm done to the monitor! If only finding out which one did it was so easy.

Magic eraser worked great. Thanks Soo Much, my husband would have been so mad if I didn't get it off. I love the magic eraser.

Guys, my 2 year old wrote all over the bottom of my 2 day old 28 inch flat panel monitor with a black ball point pen. I first tried water on a kleenex and that did nothing, then I tried half water and half white vinegar, and that did nothing. Then I found this website and tried a baby wipe. the ink came right off with a little elbow grease and slight extra pressure using my nail to press through the baby wipe. I usually don't post on these websites but I am so excited I had to spread the news! Hope this helps someone in the future.

My 2 yr old son wrote all over my flat screen TV with an ink pen. I used a baby wipe and a little bit of Colgate tooth paste. The ink came right off.

Rubbing Alcohol worked in seconds.

Magic Eraser worked in seconds! If it weren't for my 3 year old, I would have not had a chance to test this out. Thanks to those who previously posted this solution.

Well, I used a baby wipe and a little bit of toothpaste and it worked really well.

Just this minute used Magic Eraser dry and it took a couple swipes but the ink is gone oops one spot left Just got it off also. This works fantastic. Thanks to whoever started this post.

Hey guys.

My 3 yrs old cousin sis gave me an enormous shock through a piccadilo expressing her creativity just on my laptop screen. I Regained my consciousness by using colgate toothpaste. Wonder!!!