Need Opinion on Painting and Colors

Category Teen Space

I was wondering would a black beadspread with lime green and hot pink sheets and pillows look good? I mean if the walls are hot pink and lime green? Another thing, how should I paint the walls? Should I do each wall a different color? I thought about painting each wall a different color then putting some kind of design in the other color so that way each wall would have both colors. What do you guys think?

-Brittany

yup

lose the black

Get some decorating help, sounds awful

You have gotta be kidding. Its making m e nauseaous and dizzy just thinking about it.

Anonymous

Hi, my granddaughter (16) has lime green walls, white woodwork, navy wall to wall rug, small rug with raspberry, purple and navy; and white curtains. She has a lime green and white diagonal striped afghan that I made her. It really looks nice....Since you don't know her, I can tell you I got her some light bulbs (4) that turn pink, blue,green and another color alternately as a Christmas present. I think it will really please her. Good luck with your project.

I think you love color! That you are young..or at least young at heart. Go for it, if that is what you want to do, you only live once, and no one else will have a room like that. Just dont step into that room if you come down with the flu!!

sounds very colorful and energetic! Go with it!!!!

I too am getting nauseous .If you ever start getting serious headaches you Will regret this decorating scheme .

But if you love it ,go for it,though I would try it with items I could take back to the store if decided I hate it.

Hi Brittany,

Anytime you put bright colors on walls it takes a total paint job to change them. Plus it is hard to do a good job to paint one wall one color and the other another one. You need to be very careful masking so that you don't have it look terrible.

You might choose one of the colors and then use accents of the other one. Like lime green walls and hot pink bedspread.

Also, I'd choose the lighter color because if you decide you don't like it, it will be easier to paint over later.

One thing that is fun to try is go to http://www.behr.com and choose your colors. Click on the explore color box and choose your colors. Then you can see what they look like in a room.

Have Fun

Susan from ThriftyFun

I think something could be done with these colours. I wouldn't go with a black bedspread, though. Would make the bed look like a big dark hole. I would do all the walls in green, though not a loud lime green. Something a little quieter that won't jump out at you and make you sick of it. Use the pink for accent only and find a lighter bedspread. Good luck!

If you're worried about the strength of your color scheme, try adding it a little at a time, so you can stop when you've had enough. Take advantage of online sites that let you "color" your walls and decor and play around with your ideas there. Also, take a look at layouts and art in magazines and books that you like and dissecting them to see what the designers and artists were thinking about. Find something that will tie all of these colors together, even if it's something small like a framed postcard or little figurine.

You have to be very careful that all of your colors work together well, since you will probably have to pick and choose from different companies. Take all of your swatches and colors and put them in a plastic envelope or one of those little photo folders so you always know that everything will work well together.

Use grays and make it gloss for a slick look, light gray by the way.

Great idea I'm a designer. Those are my FAVORITE colors to work with. That is a amazing room idea. I try to get my daughter to be that creative, but no. I approve.