Stretch Your Canned Soup

Top brand soups are getting outrageously expensive! Try extending them by adding an extra can of water and some powdered soup of whatever flavor you are using! This works well with all the varieties I have tried: tomato, chicken noodle, and anything beef for another serving of broth from the single can of soup!

By Veronica from Sedalia, Missouri

Great idea! You could also just add some bullion with the extra water or potato flakes. Potato flakes also help to thicken soup that's too thin for your taste.

Renee in TN

Grocery stores such as Aldis or Save-a-Lot sell off brand soups which are much cheaper in price than the well known brands.

I rarely ever buy canned soups unless I'm making a casserole which uses canned celery, mushroom soup etc. in the recipe.

I make my own homemade soup. I make a large batch and freeze the rest for a later time.

Home made soups are very inexpensive to make compared to the canned soups.

I make tomato vegetable soup with a can of tomato paste and various vegetables, canned or fresh, enough water to make soup, and whatever spices I feel like at the time. You can also add an onion, some garlic, a little olive oil and noodles. It's a meal in a bowl and I think it tastes much better than the canned soup.

<b> firemanswife90 </b> I have used potatoe flakes to thicken soup & also chili!

Bowl of Soup With Bread
Improving Canned Soups
Food and Recipes Food Tips SoupOctober 3, 2007
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Remedies for Stretch Marks
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Preventing Stretch Marks
new shoes
Homemade Liquid Shoe Stretch