Ideas For Reusing Large Coffee Creamer Canisters

I hope all of you creative people can help me out.

I have many of the big plastic canisters that powdered coffee creamer comes in. We drink A LOT of coffee around here! I'm reusing one to store sugar in. It's great because it has the spout on it for pouring. Other than that, what else could I use these containers for? I'm at a loss, and I hate to throw these canisters out. There's got to be other ways of reusing these. Thanks. and I'm looking forward to all of the creative ideas you have.

Lynn from Colbert, GA

I same a lot of things to recycle and these containers are great for them........and they smell so good every time I open one........ use to collect change(let kids draw pics on them and use for banks), bottle caps, can tabs, marbles, nuts and screws in the garage, craft supplies, etc..... sure wish I had a few.........just moved and left mine all in Ca by mistake........

Keep some in the car for emergency pet food, change for the parking meters, pre-moistened wipes, sewing kits, eyeglass and fingernail repair parts, sugar free candies, energency candles and waterproof matches, or just about anything you need to keep protected from water and sun. In the kitchen, they are perfect for ice cubes in lunch boxes because they don't melt all over everything. When they do melt, you have nice cold water. They make nice spice containers but you have to be careful of no place for a shaker. Keep powdered things, pasta, or just about anything in them. They are just about perfect!

My daughter and I made this birdhouse to go with our collection! I also have used them to make snowmen and santas. They are a great start for the body part! My snowman is packed away so no pictures.

I like to reuse such containers myself but I am worried about putting food products in the plastic and wondering if it's safe or not. Some plastics are not safe for re-using for food. How do we know?

i like to keep a couple similar items by my brew station for cough drops & hard candy.

Because these 2 items (in particular) come in a plastic bag that usually gets torn I cut the label off them & tape them on the canister to ID it!

I'm using a Folger's plastic coffee can for coffee filters.... We don't use creamer so I don't know what those cannisters look like but as I've said before ... if it will fit it will store. Cough drops mints gum anything small.

Fill the canister with baking soda or Epsom salts to add to your bath water or foot bath. Looks lots nicer than having the box sitting out!

We use the really big economy sized creamer canisters, too. Up until now I'd only used them when cleaning out the fridge or throwing away cooking oil, anything messy that might leak in the garbage bag. I like your idea of storing sugar in one! Also would be good as a sand shaker when snow or ice is on the steps, or keep one full of sand in the car's trunk in winter, or use to shake fertilizer out around the garden in the summer, easier to hold whatever comes in a big bag and is hard to deal with. The labels peel off on most things like that, should be easy to re-label.

Thanks for all the great ideas! I appreciate your input...

Great tip! I recycle any containers like this also. I recently used one for the bathroom filled with laundry detergent as I find that to be the best cleaner for my bathroom over other cleaners. and it saves me money big time. Thanks for sharing.

They come in handy for flour, sugar. I use them around Christmas. I like to make flavored coffee and teas. We have been short on cash the last couple of years so I make family & friends a basket of crocheted things and the drink mixes, baked cookies and breads.

Just this year I started using the containers from creamers and lemonade for instant potatoes,dog treats, choc. drink mix, spaghetti noodles ( broke in half) pencils,crayons, clips, etc. They come in very handy in our travel trailer. Does not useup much space and keeps ants and other bugs out.

Take ten of the coffee creamer bottles and fill half full of sand. Glue the tops on with silicone or Gorilla glue. Take a piece of 1/8" thin Luan plywood and paint spots on it in a triangle pattern to make a pattern to set up bowling pins. Set up in your driveway, pace off a bowling lane, and use a soccer ball to make a lawn bowling game for kids or adults. Great for yards parties.

You can store rock salt in them for the winter. When I buy a big bag, I transfer it into a bunch of creamer containers and former orange juice bottles.

Creamer Bottles
Uses for Creamer Bottles
Better Living Green Living ReusingJune 20, 2008
Film Canister
Uses for Film Canisters
Craft Ideas for Creamer Containers
Crafts Using Single Serving Cream Containers
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
finished snowman hot chocolate gift
Making a Coffee Mate Container Snowman
🎉
🎄