Hatching Butterfly

I found this guy just in time to watch it hatch a day later. What a blessing! I haven't seen a butterfly hatch since grade school.

It was green with a line of gold dots the first day. I didn't get pics because I didn't realize it was so close to hatching.

By April from Buffalo, NY

Hatching Butterfly

Hatching Butterfly

Hatching Butterfly

Oh, April!!! A blessing, indeed!!! Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful series of pictures of new life. Amazing!!!

Wow, April, thank you for sharing this; I have never seen a butterfly hatch and I LOVE butterflies. What a wonderful event!

wow how wonderful. isnt God amazing. PTL for the beutiful butterfly

It is a Monarch Butterfly. We are on their southern flyway...at least on one of them. You know they are born knowing only how to do one thing...hatch, fly south to Mexico where they winter, spend the winter, wake up in the spring, fly north, spend the summer and do it all over. But one butterfly on does one thing between the commas. Isn't that incredible

You are blessed to witness one of God's magnificient wonders. Thank you for sharing.

FANTASTIC !!!

WOW

Wow April.......you were blessed by watching this beautiful monarch arrive. I remember when I was a teenager and my parents had a cottage (in Ontario, Canada) by the lake & we looked in the backyard and 1 of the trees were covered in monarchs~~we figured they were gathering for a trip....I have never seen anything so beautiful like that since.....I have gotten pictures of 2 different colored butterflies this year that have been on my front step this yr. I have felt its a sign of some sort....I enjoy them so much I have ordered my mother's day present for next yr......butterfly bushes :0)....thanx for sharing

I think that would be cool to see a butterfly hatch.XxX

That is absolutely magnificent! How long did it take from picture one, to picture three? With all the ugly things going on in our old world, it reminds people how "simply beautiful" life was meant to be. Thank you for your post, as it is so worthwhile. You deserve a big round of applause.

Photos WildlifeAugust 31, 2006
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Rice paper butterfly on small pink flowers
Making a Butterfly Garden
Butterfly Feeder
Making a Butterfly Feeder
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
🎉
🎄