Making Curtains Longer

Category Curtains
If the curtains you already have, or the ones you really want to buy are too short for the windows, perhaps you could lengthen them. This is a guide about making curtains longer.

Here is a tip to add a little pretty length to curtains so you don't have to spend to replace them if you move and they no longer fit. Add ribbon or trim or how many even rows of yo yo's needed to make them the right length. You could even add width to them the same way.

By melody_yesterday from Sedalia, MO

I was just geting ready to pass on a set of curtains that I like to my daughter. What an exceptional idea to personalize them for her apartment.

How can I add 9 inches length to my drapery? Bullion fringe is my first choice, but priced too high or 100 yds minimum order. Any ideas? I only need three yards. Thanks!

By Yvonne G.

Lengthen them with a band of contrasting fabric. It can either be a solid color or a print that coordinates with other fabrics or furniture in the room. I've seen lots of new window treatments that are made like this.

How about adding a contrasting colour at the bottom of each curtain, could also use same colour for tie to tie them back?

No 2 idea: If on rod is it possible to drop the rod down a few inches and add a seperate frill at the top to cover the other rod. Could also use contrasting or different shade of same colour.

The Amazon site for the US lists it per yard but WOWSA is it pricey:

http://www.amaz  ic/dp/B0084H1JOW

I tried Joann USA but they no longer carry it; Hancock carries fringes but not the bullion at their online site:

http://search.h  &x=0&y=0

You might try a search on eBay USA for it, you might find the three yards you need at a better price.

OR...you can either give up on the bullion fringe altogether and go with a pieced insert (as suggested by the previous posters), or try yard sales and thrift shops for old curtains and drapes you can 'harvest' the fringe from.

I hope you find something that works:)

I have a sliding glass door in my bedroom apartment that goes from ceiling to floor. It is approximately 94 inches in height and is 144 inches across. I bought some curtain/panels that I absolutely love and were on sale, but they don't touch the floor. They are 10 inches too short. Are there any suggestions on lengthening from either the top or bottom?

By Nyree from Honolulu, HI