Making Curtains Longer

If the curtains you already have, or the ones you really want to buy are too short for the windows, perhaps you could lengthen them. This is a guide about making curtains longer.

long curtains
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

How can I add 9 inches length to my drapery? Bullion fringe is my first choice, but priced too high or 100 yds minimum order. Any ideas? I only need three yards. Thanks!

By Yvonne G.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The Amazon site for the US lists it per yard but WOWSA is it pricey:

http://www.amazon.com/Conso®-B ... ringe-Decorator-Fabric/dp/B0084H1JOW

I tried Joann USA but they no longer carry it; Hancock carries fringes but not the bullion at their online site:

http://search.hancockfabrics.com/br ... imary&Ntt=fringe&x=0&y=0

You might try a search on eBay USA for it, you might find the three yards you need at a better price.

OR...you can either give up on the bullion fringe altogether and go with a pieced insert (as suggested by the previous posters), or try yard sales and thrift shops for old curtains and drapes you can 'harvest' the fringe from.

I hope you find something that works:)

Read More Answers...

Here is a tip to add a little pretty length to curtains so you don't have to spend to replace them if you move and they no longer fit. Add ribbon or trim or how many even rows of yo yo's needed to make them the right length. You could even add width to them the same way.

By melody_yesterday from Sedalia, MO

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have a sliding glass door in my bedroom apartment that goes from ceiling to floor. It is approximately 94 inches in height and is 144 inches across. I bought some curtain/panels that I absolutely love and were on sale, but they don't touch the floor. They are 10 inches too short. Are there any suggestions on lengthening from either the top or bottom?

By Nyree from Honolulu, HI

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating CurtainsMarch 12, 2013
Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Measuring Windows for New Curtains, Gold colored curtains and white sheers hanging on a wondow.
Measuring Windows for New Curtains
A sewing machine making repairs.
Repairing Thermal Backing on Curtains
Starching Curtains
Starching Curtains
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 1, 2016 at 3:39:03 AM on 10.0.2.221 in 524 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.