Lengthening Draperies 9 Inches?

How can I add 9 inches length to my drapery? Bullion fringe is my first choice, but priced too high or 100 yds minimum order. Any ideas? I only need three yards. Thanks!

By Yvonne G.

Lengthen them with a band of contrasting fabric. It can either be a solid color or a print that coordinates with other fabrics or furniture in the room. I've seen lots of new window treatments that are made like this.

How about adding a contrasting colour at the bottom of each curtain, could also use same colour for tie to tie them back?

No 2 idea: If on rod is it possible to drop the rod down a few inches and add a seperate frill at the top to cover the other rod. Could also use contrasting or different shade of same colour.

The Amazon site for the US lists it per yard but WOWSA is it pricey:

www.amazon.com/.../B0084H1JOW (Affiliate Link)

I tried Joann USA but they no longer carry it; Hancock carries fringes but not the bullion at their online site:

search.hancockfabrics.com/.../N-0?Nrpp=48&Ns=p_price_sort%7C0&Ntk...

You might try a search on eBay USA for it, you might find the three yards you need at a better price.

OR...you can either give up on the bullion fringe altogether and go with a pieced insert (as suggested by the previous posters), or try yard sales and thrift shops for old curtains and drapes you can 'harvest' the fringe from.

I hope you find something that works:)

Crafts Home DecorMay 17, 2013
😷
🎃
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Lengthening-Draperies-9-Inches.html