I Get "Blisters" When I Get Nervous

When I become nervous or get very stressful, I end up with one particular outbreak of "blister" or "shingles" on my thigh. Any known natural remedies or cures for this?

Thanks,
Maltb from Toronto

Editor's Note: Please seek medical advice for this problem if you haven't already.

Have you been to a doctor? If you have and haven't gotten relief, you might try a naturalist or someone of that nature. You might try L-Lysine. I know that, along with vitamin C, works for me for cold sores which are a type of herpes. If it is just "nerve" related, you might try B-Complex vitamins or the herb valerian. I used B-Complex for nervousness when I quit smoking and it worked well. I use valerian to help me sleep at night if I'm unusually wound up. You might also search some of the natural medicine sites if you just refuse to go to a real doctor. Good luck.

I agree with the Editor, get Medical help. By the way, "shingles" are not caused from a nervous condition....it is from herpes zoster, which is the same herpes virus that causes chicken pox. I know this from personal experience. Are they really blisters or perhaps a serious case of the hives. Try to see a doctor when you have an outbreak, then he can see them first hand. Good luck.

Herpes Zoster, the virus which causes shingles, enters the body when you get chicken pox and stays. When you are under stress, have lengthy exposure to sunlight, other triggers, you may get an outbreak of these blister-like skin lesions, often itchy and/or painful. I have heard that L-Lysine may shorten the episode and there are oral meds for this as well as Herpes Simplex (genital herpes) which may minimize the # of outbreaks you get, but unfortunately there is currently no known cure.

I hope you decide to see a dermatologist for help with your skin problem. Are you sure these arent hives? Some people get hives when they are nervous. I have eczema and that gets worse when I am under stress...

I habve psoriasis which I have treated evry week by a dermatologist. However, when I get nervous or stressed I often also break out in a rash - almost like a heat rash, I guess you call that hives in the USA - on my thighs.

I find that an antihystamine (hay fever tablets) can help to calm my skin.

I would say, help take care of the stress first....I can send you info on some great herbal stress relief tabs, that helps your body DEAL with stress, without kava or other harmful chemicals (but please check with doctor first) Please email me at healthy_home101@hotmail.com, for more information about Shaklee products...their personal care line is great for sensitive skin!

I too have a problem with blister outbreak from extreme stress. Usually it breaks out on my lips or around or inside my mouth. Normally I feel a sharp pain at the site prior to the outbreak. At the time of the pain or first signs of the blisters I start taking Zinc Lozenges (chewable) found at he pharmacy vitamin counter. They clear up so fast with little or no pain. Also the L-Lysine helps. There is an ointment or lip balm that contains this. Good luck. These blisters seem to know just when I want to look my best and team up to make me look as if I have been battered around my lips. Since I began taken the Zinc, I have much less stress over the stress blisters.

This is well known (to my doctor, anyway). Your doctor can tell you about it. The small blisters form at the ends of nerves, its a sign of stress (physical or mental stress can do lots of things to you - eg, give you a rash, flare up a cold sore, make you sleep poorly etc).

It does not mean there is anything wrong with you

:-)

The best thing is to try not to worry. Maybe take some vitamin B tablets if you find they help with your stress levels? Or else try and remove your sources of stress?

My sympathies - I get it on my palms and fingertips, and yes it happens at exactly the times when we are already worried about things :-) ! Such is life.

So most teenagers my age seem to break out with acne when they get all stressed out. But for me I break out with red blotches all over my neck and arms. Is there even anything I can do about it??

I get blisters under my arm when im stressed and the doctor says that its actually a form a of hives and that if you are constantly stressed to go to a dermatologist or just let your stress pass then it will go away.

For over a month now I've had breakouts on my stomach, up my arms and thighs, like mosquito bites--that come at night and then go away...are thes hives or shigles or something?

Health & Beauty Home RemediesMay 15, 2006
A blister on a leg
Treating Leg Blisters
Wood with a screw in it.
Fixing a Loose Screw in Wood
Woman with a blister on the bottom of her feet.
Preventing Blisters on Feet
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
🎉
🎄