Preventing Blisters on Feet

New shoes or shoes you haven't worn much can irritate your feet. This guide is about preventing blisters on feet.

I found that swathing between my toes lightly with lotion, vaseline or face cream before I put on my socks eases this friction before a blister can form. Any other ideas out there? Placing lambswool became a problem keeping it in place.

By Avis

This is very common for us ladies especially if we buy a new shoes. The fit is the main problem sometimes. Each time you walk, the back of your foot that keeps rubbing on the inner back part of your shoes makes a blister and that really hurts.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 1

I have a blister forming on the sole of my foot, how can I harden the skin and so prevent the blister from forming?

By Pauline272 from Kent, England

Answers

I don't think you can "harden the skin". You have to figure out why you are getting the blister, and then remedy the problem. Are your shoes rubbing? Do you need socks, or better socks? Are you don't some unusual type of walking, for which you need better or just different shoes? Perhaps just putting a bandaid over the spot where the blister is forming will do the trick.