Browsing: Removing Nail Polish from Clothing and Fabric

Removing Nail Polish from Clothing

I had a drop of nail polish get on a pair of khaki pants and tried nail polish remover to get it out and it didn't work. Then I tired soap and water and that didn't get it out. How can I get the polish out even after the polish has dried on the pants?

By Pumpkin

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I am able to get paint out of my clothing by using a small scrubber paint brush. A small one, by dipping it in paint remover. Kut-zit or any paint stripper and letting a drop sit for 1 min. then scrubbing it off with the brush. Sometimes it comes off with one try and sometimes it takes a few tries by wiping it off with cloth and repeating it, then wash garment. Hope this helps.

"Awesome can be bought at Family Dollar Stores. It is in the cleaner department.

January 13, 2011 Flag

How do I get nail polish off clothes?

By Gretchen from Darien, CT

Answers:

Removing Nail Polish from Clothing

My daughter got black nail polish out of her beige Berber carpet with Windex by soaking the spot, blotting with a clean rag and repeating until it was gone, Then she shampooed the rug to get the residue out. This might work on clothes. If the garment is unwearable, you have nothing to lose. If you decide to try this, test the Windex on an unseen part of the garment to make sure it won't fade the color. (12/13/2010)

By Omanana

December 13, 2010 Flag

Anyway to remove fingernail polish from clothes and a rug?

By Stacey from Reno

Answers:

Removing Nail Polish from Clothing

I spilled hot pink nail polish on my beige carpeting and used regular shaving cream to get it out. It worked like a charm! (09/02/2010)

By beththechef

September 1, 2010 Flag

I spilled purple nail polish on my new white pants. I need a way to get it out without costing a lot. I found out nail polish remover smears and my mom put some face cream on it that bleaches clothes, but I need something to get it out completely.

By Rebecca from Colorado Springs

Answers:

Removing Nail Polish from Clothing

Being it is white, it should be easier. Keep using non acetone nail polish remover, turn it inside out and remove that way. You don't want to push it through the layers of fabric, have a wash cloth on the part to absorb it, use a small size rag, finger dip and rub. Then when done, rub liquid like Era, or Wisk on it, then wash. (06/02/2010)

By T&T Grandma

Removing Nail Polish from Clothing

If you can't get it out, try covering it up with a sewn on applique or other decoration. (06/03/2010)

By ChloeA

May 28, 2010 Flag

My daughter spilled nail polish on her shirt. Is there any way that I can remove it? I tried nail polish remover and that didn't work, it just smeared the nail polish a little.

June 2, 2009 Flag

Both my daughters managed to get nail polish on their clothes. The dress is thin cotton, and the skirt is tracksuit material. What can I use to remove the nail polish?

May 7, 2009 Flag

How do you remove nail polish from a little girls dress?

A nail polish brush dripping.
Removing Nail Polish from Clothing and Fabric
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJanuary 13, 2011
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
Two girls putting on nail polish on a couch.
Removing Nail Polish Stains From a Couch
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 25, 2016 at 8:15:18 PM on 10.0.1.215 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.