Softening Hard Honey in the Jar

I have had my jar of honey for quite some time. Is there a way to soften honey to get it out of a jar?

By Gail

I've placed my container of solidified honey into very hot water. Every now and then I stir the honey, and I replace the water as it cools. It takes a little time, but it works.

I take the lid off and microwave 1 minute at a time,stirring each time.

Place enough water in pan to come almost halfway up the jar bring water to a boil remove from heat and place jar in it stir every so often. Or you can, if as glass or plastic jar, place in microwave for about one minute each time take it out replace lid and shake it up, repeat if needed. Warning though honey super heats and gets hotter longer and stays hot longer than other liquids.

I do the same as Keeper. I don't think I even go a minute with it, just check it every 15 or 20 seconds, so much easier than getting a pan out , etc.

Restoring Crystallized Honey
Restoring Crystallized Honey
Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceMay 20, 2011
A pink piggy bank made from a plastic mayo bottle.
Mayonnaise Jar Piggy Bank
Hard Bagels
Softening Hard Bagels
beaded lid
Crafts Using Jar Lids
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
🎉
🎄