Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Can You Use Bleach on Carpet Stains?

I'm not sure how to bleach my carpet and clothes because I"m worried the bleach could do damage. Please anyone with experience help me.

By Nguyenn

By lynda [12]07/21/2009

A local maid told me she prefers to have white carpet in her home for that very reason: So she can bleach stains and dirt from it, and keep it fresh and clean. I thought about the idea and decided she'd become a slave to her carpet with that thinking! I'd only use it on white carpet, dear, and not too much nor undiluted always with cold water. God bless you. : )

By Deanj07/20/2009

Bleach will take the color out of the carpet. Try white vinegar or carpet cleaning products from 3M such as Scotchgard carpet clearner.

By SL Edens [1]07/20/2009

Hi Nguyenn! Bleach is mostly used for white cotton when used for laundering. It's probably not a good idea to use bleach on your carpet as it will take any color out of the carpet...not just a stain. There are things on the market that are better to use on your carpet. Bleach strips color so it shouldn't be used on colored clothing and it will turn some types of fabric yellow even if they are white. That's why I said to use it on cotton. I hope this helps a little :)